Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did something for myself

today i went and got a manicure, pedicure and eyebrows done
    i have been so good with everything, but i think sometimes we take care of ourselves and do little things for us

Nothing wrong with it when you can afford it It helps your self esteem which is good
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

The day that I received the UST's motion to dismiss my case I went and got a pedicure. I kept telling myself that it was wasted money but at the same time I had been so stressed out over this whole BK that I needed something for me.

I can definitely understand where your coming from! I hope you enjoyed it!
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

That's nice! I wish I could get my hair done... I haven't had it done in months. I have so much hair that when I go in it usually costs me over 200 dollars to get it colored/cut. So, needless to say I haven't had any money to get it done. Maybe for Christmas lol.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

that's a lot of hair!!!! wow.

can you get it cut without necessarily coloring it?
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Well yes I could... but I would still get charged extra for long hair and extra time... I has a TON o hair. I've never gotten it cut without doing the color too so I guess I just never thought about doing one and not the other hehe...
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen!

oh...wait i forgot where i was

Comment

LOL... I don't think it would be appropriate to post my photo here... I don't want my true identity discovered.... LOL.

Comment

Heh, I have the same problem Amy. Last time I got my hair cut was in March. I stopped coloring it at the same time too and just decided to be at one with the greys that are popping up. I'm sitting on it too much lately so it is time to get it trimmed up again.

I still can't spend money without going into a complete panic but things are different now. I pay my bills before they are even due rather than when I get my last notice to pay. I actually got into an argument with ATT because they were so late on getting the bill to me this month. I got it on the 24th and it's due on the 30th. Thanks for giving me time to budget that...
                  12/05/08 - filed pro se
                  01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                  04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                  6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                    Well yes I could... but I would still get charged extra for long hair and extra time... I has a TON o hair. I've never gotten it cut without doing the color too so I guess I just never thought about doing one and not the other hehe...
                    My is only an inch past my shoulders but there's so much of it that they charge me $100 bucks to color it!

Do you know professional color is only $3 a tube? I bought some once from a professional supply store. I couldn't believe the mark up on it.
                    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I don't know if any of you ladies have a great beauty school near you, but I have a very well known one (actually featured on one of the real housewives if anyone watches that I am obsessed!) and you can go to the school get whatever you want for very inexpensive, all done by students but supervised by the professionals. Everyone I know has had good experiences, and I am looking into checking into it b/c to stay blonde is a fortune for me (naturally brunette) just thought I'd throw the idea out there!

Comment

something strikes me as very strange in the fact that they charge more for cutting long hair. it really makes no sense. i mean, really, they don't need to cut each milimeter of hair separately. make the big cut first, then trim it. so it shouldn't make any difference what the length of your hair was when you walked in.

it also makes no sense about the coloring. i mean, they do cut it before they color, right? so why charge more for coloring just because you came in with long hair?

wow, is this a bk forum?
                        filed ch7 May 09
                        341 june 09

Comment

lol i think sometimes we need to lighten up the conversation

Comment

Well, they charge me more for color because they have to use 2 bottles instead of one. They charge me more for my mass of hair because it takes like an hour just to blow dry it. My appointments usually last for 3-4 hours. They fit me inbetween other clients. I actually had one hair dresser turn me away because I had too much hair and they didn't want to deal with it.

And its not just that I have long hair I just have A LOT of hair...very very thick and full. They joke that most people usually don't have half as much hair as I have.

I am truly blessed though... I love my hair.

I got a perm when I was younger once that took almost 8 hours to do. So, I used up her entire day. And they don't cut my hair until after they color it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                              Well, they charge me more for color because they have to use 2 bottles instead of one. They charge me more for my mass of hair because it takes like an hour just to blow dry it. My appointments usually last for 3-4 hours. They fit me inbetween other clients. I actually had one hair dresser turn me away because I had too much hair and they didn't want to deal with it.

And its not just that I have long hair I just have A LOT of hair...very very thick and full. They joke that most people usually don't have half as much hair as I have.

I am truly blessed though... I love my hair.

I got a perm when I was younger once that took almost 8 hours to do. So, I used up her entire day. And they don't cut my hair until after they color it.
                              wow! and i thought my hair was a handful.

your hair must be amazing.

why on earth would they not cut the hair first and color it later?? i never had my hair colored so i may just be uninformed.
                              filed ch7 May 09
                              341 june 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X