No Real Estate Tax Bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Real Estate Tax Bill?

Hey guys - I am still in my 7. We had included our past due real estate tax (from Dec) in our Matrix and have since worked out a payment plan.

Our taxes are due every six months and are due again at the end of this month. I haven't gotten a bill -I called my county and they told me they really shouldn't be talking to me, that I need to contact my lawyer.

Lawyer is on vacation this week. I can understand if they are trying to not violate the stay, but can they charge me late fees and interest?

Thanks

Pay your taxes when due and you'll have no worry. BK keeps them from collecting, it doesn't keep you from paying.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Is there anyway to find out the amount due. My county did re-assesments last quarter -and they don't list it on the website. I would hate to pay a late fee for being a week late. (in Dec they added 300 dollars for "prccessing and interest")

Comment

Originally posted by goingcrzy View Post
        Is there anyway to find out the amount due. My county did re-assesments last quarter -and they don't list it on the website. I would hate to pay a late fee for being a week late. (in Dec they added 300 dollars for "prccessing and interest")
        Pay the same amount as in December less the processing and late fees. They can't tack on additional fees while you are in BK.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

"They can't tack on additional fees while you are in BK"

Thanks -that was what I was looking for!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X