Can I take my pre-discharge test now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I take my pre-discharge test now?

My lawyer said I'd be getting a letter in the mail with my 341 date and case number, I'll need the case number to take the second course.
    I didn't get the letter yet.

I signed up to Pacer and got my case number and date.

Should I wait for the letter or could I go ahead and do it now?

Hey "tin". You can take it at any time. You will enjoy it. If you PM me I can give you who we used. A very nice company and the best two hours we spent as we actually learned something. Cost was 35 bucks for one or both. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks. I'm just going to use the one my lawyer has listed. Just because I guess I don't know. His paper with the link says it costs $24.

Comment

I did mine 3 days after I filed, got my case# from pacer as well.
        Filed 5/29/09
        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

You need to have a BK case # (meaning, your case has been filed with the BK court) in order to do the pre-discharge course.

Comment

xxxdddd
            Last edited by tinfoilhat; 07-20-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
              You need to have a BK case # (meaning, your case has been filed with the BK court) in order to do the pre-discharge course.
              Did you even read my post at all?

I signed up to Pacer and got my case number and date.

Comment

On your 341 notice that you can view on pacer it states case#, also when you first sign in on the main page, next to your name is your case#, doesnt specifically say it though.
                Filed 5/29/09
                Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

the one i used cost $14.95. why pay more??? pm me for site if you want

Comment

My attorney's fees included the 2 courses so I had to use the one he suggested. Quite a ripoff but oh well, small price to pay.
                    Filed 5/29/09
                    Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Trying to find a post-filing, before-discharge debtor education course by the lowest price is fine. However, you must be absolutely certain that the course you choose is approved by your state.

You can find each state's approved post-filing debtor education course list here - http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/de_approved.htm
                      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by tinfoilhat View Post
                        Did you even read my post at all?
                        Easy there pardner. He was just trying to help you.
                        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

The Moderators are usually pretty knowledgeable and/or with good people skills. But sometimes they can even misread a post or miss a point. Happens to all of us. 'Hub
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                            The Moderators are usually pretty knowledgeable and/or with good people skills. But sometimes they can even misread a post or miss a point. Happens to all of us. 'Hub
                            had HHM merely inserted one word the post was a complete answer.

You need only to have a BK case # (meaning, your case has been filed with the BK court) in order to do the pre-discharge course.
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                              Easy there pardner. He was just trying to help you.
                              I think you'll be fine, they typically give you 30 to 90 days.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X