Auto Loan Mod....Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Loan Mod....Chase

Just filled last Saturday! First step of many to come but at least I'm moving forward.

Just received a letter from Chase to reaffirm a car loan with them. Called them and tried to negotiate a loan modification, in which I was flat out refused. Was told we don't do that!

Questions: Has anyone done a ride through w/Chase? (Wan't to keep the car, but not sure about reaffirming under current terms.) Also, has anyone been able to do a loan modification with them?

Thanks.

Did you file Pro Se or with a lawyer?
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I filed w/an attorney, however was advised that they don't get involved in modification.

Comment

Please....any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Work 65 hours a week and try to complete paperwork on weekends. Should I reaffirm?

Comment

I've never heard of a modification on a car loan.

Comment

"loan modification" was Chase's term not mine. They said that they would not extend (asked for an additional 12 months) the term of the loan.

Figured it would be in their best interest to do so. (perhaps I was wrong?)

Comment

what do you owe and what is the car worth?
              6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
              10/06/2009 Discharged
              01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

It's kinda a wash.

Owe $23,000, and Blue $22,850. But if they went to auction I'd think they'd take a pretty significant loss. Truck blew a motor a year ago...can't look good on carfax.

So I had figured it would be in their best interest to negotiate....am I wrong?

Comment

I assume your looking to have a lower payment but extend the life of the loan.

If they aren't willing to play ball its not going to happen. With the value and amount owed pretty equal there is no real way to cram it down.
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

We are currently doing a ride through with Chase (about 9 months now). So far it has been business as usual. They don't send statements and cut off our online access, but we just pay via our online bill-pay through our bank.
                    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
                    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
                    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
                    CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Originally posted by laurannm View Post
                      We are currently doing a ride through with Chase (about 9 months now). So far it has been business as usual. They don't send statements and cut off our online access, but we just pay via our online bill-pay through our bank.
                      why would chase cut off access to online banking if that's the way you pay them ? Reason i ask is, I myself have my car loan threw chase, and i pay online .. So now i have to go to there bank in order to pay them ?? ( hope this makes since, i been up for the past two days with my daughter whos sick )
                      Filed on 7-17-09
                      waiting for 341
                      341 meeting 8-21-09
                      discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
                        why would chase cut off access to online banking if that's the way you pay them ? Reason i ask is, I myself have my car loan threw chase, and i pay online .. So now i have to go to there bank in order to pay them ?? ( hope this makes since, i been up for the past two days with my daughter whos sick )
                        You no longer have an account with Chase if you don't reaffirm the loan. IT wouldn't make sense for you to be able to access an account online you don't have.

You can make your payment electronically from your own bank but don't expect a bill from Chase.
                        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
                          Technically speaking, since you don't reaffirm and your personal liability is discharged as part of the BK, sending a bill to you (although some still send bill but plaster alll over the bill "this is not a bill, this is for informational purposes only blah blah blah") or allowing you to have online access could be construed as them attempting to collect a debt which has been discharged.

Plus I think it's their way to "punish" you sort of speak for not reaffirming. But most banks nowadays offer online bill pay, which works great
                          Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
                          341 Meeting - 08/13/08
                          DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
                          CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X