can anyone tell me about life post bk #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    Uh...this post is off topic relative to the title of the thread. May I remind you what the OP asked?
    Whatever

Comment

Thanks everyone for all of your help!WOW didnt know what a hornets nest I was stirring up!

Comment

Originally posted by veggirl View Post
        Thanks everyone for all of your help!WOW didnt know what a hornets nest I was stirring up!
        Young Lady, you did nothing wrong at all. In fact, in my opinion, nobody purposely did anything wrong. We are all friends here, but being individuals too, have "hot spots" in our own stress engines that these things sometime happens. I had to publicly apologize early on when I "went off" and I was out of line. It happens.

Please know and see that a mutitude of posters remade your thread and it was simply because every poster here and on both threads wish you well. GBWY 'Hub (and Forum)
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by veggirl View Post
          There are a whole bunch of great posts on pros & cons of post BK in your thread and this one. Just ignore all the fresh start nonsense and you will get some good ideas of what to expect both good & bad. I enjoy the post BK discussion with people.

Comment

I was discharged mid-June. I found myself in need of a vehicle, as my lease is up. I was told by my attorney that GMAC (where my lease is and I leased a car for 3 years financed by them prior) will always finance someone as long as they have never cost them money. I was kind of banking on being financed through them (and I knew the interest was going to be high). I have never, ever been late on a payment with them.

Unfortunately, GMAC is a very different company now and they refused any financing for me. I had very little money to put down and the only financing I could get was an interest rate in the high teens, which I intend to refinance in 10 months or so.

That has been my only negative. I am receiving tons of credit offers and the like, but I throw them in the trash. The big positive is that I no longer have to worry about legal action due to unpaid debts.

I intend to be extremely careful with whatever debt I attempt to take on in the future and I now know exactly where my money goes and for what. Those are 2 more positives.
            Filed Chap 7 on 3/6/2009
            341 on 4/15/2009
            Discharged 6/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
              There are a whole bunch of great posts on pros & cons of post BK in your thread and this one. Just ignore all the fresh start nonsense and you will get some good ideas of what to expect both good & bad. I enjoy the post BK discussion with people.
              Amazing.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

As for me, Life is GOOD!!!

Got into this Bk mess because of wife splitting on me. Lost house. Lost car, etc....But, There is a reason for everything, Everything has a reason.... Been 8 months since the BK. So after the BK was Done and i divorce the wife (Which i did Pro Se and winning my judgment for her failing to appear, Decided i was living the with the wrong attitude. Credit has its place but, i live on a "NEED" basis now. Get crap in the mail everyday for credit, I tear them up. When i come across something i may want, I look at, think about it, If i truly want it, i will work for it and pay cash for it. Yes not easy to do for a car or house, that's a given, but over all, being "credit less" has made me better in the way on how i handle money and how i make financial decisions. I'm living stress free and loving every minute of it. I'm getting ready to ask my girlfriend of 1 year to marry me, She keeps hinting, LOL.....So over all Life is Good! I even have been saving for the wedding ring......Charge card? We don't need no stinking charge card!......I hope every body has a great Post BK life what ever that may be.....
                Filed August 15th 2008
                Discharged:12/08/2008
                Closed: 2/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by veryclose View Post
                  I was discharged mid-June. I found myself in need of a vehicle, as my lease is up. I was told by my attorney that GMAC (where my lease is and I leased a car for 3 years financed by them prior) will always finance someone as long as they have never cost them money. I was kind of banking on being financed through them (and I knew the interest was going to be high). I have never, ever been late on a payment with them.

Unfortunately, GMAC is a very different company now and they refused any financing for me. I had very little money to put down and the only financing I could get was an interest rate in the high teens, which I intend to refinance in 10 months or so.
                  I am going to be in the same situation come September. My BK should be discharged mid-September and my 4-year lease ends Sept. 24th. I was kind of hoping that my lender would finance the balance of the car. Hum... now you have me wondering. I am anticipating a high interest rate, but I just was hoping for a smooth transition from lease to loan. I guess I shouldn't hope for anything to be that easy post BK.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
                  5/29/09 ~ filed chapter 7
                  7/13/09 ~ 341 meeting
                  10/8/09 ~ Discharged!!!
                  10/27/09 ~ Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                    Too many leave bk and think their fresh start includes living the same way that led them into bk in the first place. It's the classic case of not learning from one's mistake. I would put forth that anyone who thinks bk was not a fresh start clearly fell into this category.
                    I think this is the best advice. I know I need to change my habits and I work on it all the time. It is not easy; baby steps. When I get frustrated I have to stop and think of the financial misery I was living in for so many years. I am sure that if I focus on saving instead of spending, post BK life will be much better. I know there will be things in life that may not be pleasant, but if I could leave my financial woes behind me, I can focus on other things.
                    5/29/09 ~ filed chapter 7
                    7/13/09 ~ 341 meeting
                    10/8/09 ~ Discharged!!!
                    10/27/09 ~ Closed!!!

Comment

Let's see, I was discharged late Feb. I've been doing good keeping a budget, since I do have to pay my share of the household bills (electric, gas, phone, etc.), while hubby pays the mortgage. I did get my first line of credit post-bk with the help of hubby (he did not file with me): a car loan. I wouldn't have gotten a new car, but being sideswiped by a speeder and having more damage than my old car was worth was what did it.

I'm the proud owner of a 2002 Nissan Altima that I managed to haggle down from 10,200 to 8200 - mostly because the dealership was desperate to sell.

Hubby and I will be going on our first trip post BK too.
                      sigpic
                      Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                      Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                      Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

I really feel stressed and almost suicidal... no lawyer nows or commits to any answer for sure. so who really knows ahat will happen in the end? My biggest worry is a lovley family I have in a rental property in anotherstate that the lawyer says the trustee will sell.

Comment

Originally posted by gowiththeflo View Post
                          I really feel stressed and almost suicidal... no lawyer nows or commits to any answer for sure. so who really knows ahat will happen in the end? My biggest worry is a lovley family I have in a rental property in anotherstate that the lawyer says the trustee will sell.

Please talk with a counselor, pastor or dear friend about your feelings. You need help.
                          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X