Second Debt Ed Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi amy,
    great to hear from you again, i worried you might have fallen apart given your $10 in the bank!!! you are very, very impressive for surviving on that.

good luck on 341. i am sure you'll do just fine. it won't matter what you wear. just wear what you always wear.

the atty at mine did almost nothing. another poster who went pro se said that he saw several 341's before him and the attorneys were just holding their clients' hand, they really played no role. so don't worry if he sends a stand-in, you'll be fine.

it's correct that you have 45 days after the 341 to file the second certificate. you can do it before as well. i did it the night after my 341 (using 50-30-20, started around 2am, fell asleep in the middle, finished when i woke up...).

have a fun weekend, your 341 is almost done!
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Thanks guys! I feel better now!
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
        I am a little nervous now... apparently my attorney won't be there as he is out of town and some other dude attorney will be there as a "stand in" and the legal assistant from my attorney's firm is coming instead.... should I be worried?
        I had a stand-in for my 341...she introduced herself before in the waiting room and the only words she said during the meeting were 'i'm jane doe representing xyz law firm' then wished me good luck after I was done. Basically she served no purpose lol
        Filed 5/29/09
        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

It is not rare that your bk attorney has a stand in. In fact, it is a paid stand in that many use. We had no idea who it was until after all was over. Then he took us aside and introduce himself. The 341 is no big deal (for most) and he was there in the event we stammered or studderd.

Oh and yes the second course must be submitted to the court, and yes 45 days but we just got it out of the way. It was a good course and worthwhile to take. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by jadams View Post
            Well if you want a discharge, it's not optional.
            The court will dismiss your case if the Certificate is not filed.
            Originally posted by hamburgervol View Post
            That would be bad. You won't get discharged without it.
            Originally posted by aces67 View Post
            You have to do both or the court won't discharge you.
            I figured this was one of those inconsistencies between districts things.

Even the reminder from the outfit I took the first from used words like "could" and "may" when describing the negative impact of not having the second course certificate when discharge rolled around.

I'll get it done too, though. Better safe.
            No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X