Second Debt Ed Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Debt Ed Class

Hi, when do you have to have your second class done by? My 341 is Monday but I haven't done the class yet. Wonderng if I need to do it today or over the weekend.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

I can't remember exactly. You have a little time after the 341 to complete it. We had our 341 on a Friday and our lawyer said he preferred we have it done by Monday that way the court had plenty of time to get it on record.

Good Luck on your 341!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I believe you have 45 days from the 341 meeting to complete the second course.

Comment

I had mine done before my 341

You do not have to, but I had mine done and we gave the trustee the certification at the 341.

He said thank you, I wish everyone came in prepared.
        Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
        Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
        341 Done= 04/27/2009
        Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

Knocked mine out yesterday, pre 341. Painless, took a couple of hours, and was cheap. I posted in the sticky, if you want to check out who I used.
          7-2-2009 Filed
          8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
          10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Ok, so I still have time... hehe... I only had like 10 dollars to my name for like 3 weeks till yesterday... so, I couldn't afford to do it.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
              Ok, so I still have time... hehe... I only had like 10 dollars to my name for like 3 weeks till yesterday... so, I couldn't afford to do it.

If you can survive on $3.33 per week you've got some amazing budgeting skills!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Hehe... well basically it was just living on what we had and accepting free food from friends and stuff when offered.

I take the metro to work so, didn't have to buy gas and had enough money on my SmartTrip card to get me through the metro fares... and I work from home 2 days a week.

The rent was paid... so that was basically it! We moved on 6/15 which was really annoying because I had to pay them on the 15th for half of June then on June 30th I had to turn around and pay them for a full month for July. So, all my money went to rent and I only get paid 2 times a months so I didn't get paid again till the 15th

Comment

We have already done ours and sent it to the attorney. We used 50-30-20. It was a 2 hr program but it was only 14.95. I just wanted it done with.

Good luck Monday, we will be at ours too, wish it was over with now!
                  Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I am a little nervous now... apparently my attorney won't be there as he is out of town and some other dude attorney will be there as a "stand in" and the legal assistant from my attorney's firm is coming instead.... should I be worried?

Comment

Well I would assume your attorney trust this person or they wouldn't be working together, I would say it will be fine. Just don't worry all weekend. You know I saw another thread and they have their 341 Monday too, well they were trying to figure out what to wear, so now I am worrying about that!! LOL

Thinking about hitting a thrift store or two to look for something decent. Our lifestyle and jobs don't call for dress clothes, so now I am more worried about what I am suppose to wear then the 341 itself!
                      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I wasn't planning on doing the second one. The Attorney said the first one is the only important one.
                        No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Originally posted by Chowder View Post
                          I wasn't planning on doing the second one. The Attorney said the first one is the only important one.
                          Well if you want a discharge, it's not optional.

The court will dismiss your case if the Certificate is not filed.

Comment

That would be bad. You won't get discharged without it.
                            6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                            10/06/2009 Discharged
                            01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

You have to do both or the court won't discharge you.
                              4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                              5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                              7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X