top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw my lawyer for the LAST time yesterday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw my lawyer for the LAST time yesterday..

We had a few things to sort out. He told me we should be discharged by Wednesday!!!

He also said that they took care of our mortgage reaffirmation but he just forgot to tell me that it was taken care of. So I've been worrying about nothing.

Anyway on my Jeep I don't want to reaffirm I just want to ride thru with it. So yesterday he told me that that is fine. He said it's too late now for my lender HSBC to send an agreement. He said it would never get signed and to the judge in time.
    Then he told me that this happens all the time with HSBC. He said they are not the brightest lender out there. He said they have so many locations and so many offices that they cannot keep track of what's going on. He said most of the time you're around 120 days past your 341 before they realize you've even filed. He says it gets put into their computers when the court mailing comes and statements stop but then noone really follows up on it from there.

He agrees with me that we should just keep the Jeep and save up some money and as soon as we can get a good used car financed at a lower rate then we should give it back. Now b/c my crazy lawyer came up with this idea dh thinks it's perfect. When I came up with the idea he told me I was crazy. Men!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

So happy for you! You are almost there! Congratulations.....almost time to celebrate.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

That is great News! Congrats!

Comment

Glad it is going well
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
          We had a few things to sort out. He told me we should be discharged by Wednesday!!!

He also said that they took care of our mortgage reaffirmation but he just forgot to tell me that it was taken care of. So I've been worrying about nothing.

Anyway on my Jeep I don't want to reaffirm I just want to ride thru with it. So yesterday he told me that that is fine. He said it's too late now for my lender HSBC to send an agreement. He said it would never get signed and to the judge in time.
          Then he told me that this happens all the time with HSBC. He said they are not the brightest lender out there. He said they have so many locations and so many offices that they cannot keep track of what's going on. He said most of the time you're around 120 days past your 341 before they realize you've even filed. He says it gets put into their computers when the court mailing comes and statements stop but then noone really follows up on it from there.

He agrees with me that we should just keep the Jeep and save up some money and as soon as we can get a good used car financed at a lower rate then we should give it back. Now b/c my crazy lawyer came up with this idea dh thinks it's perfect. When I came up with the idea he told me I was crazy. Men!!
          Hey now! There were plenty of men on here who advised you correctly. I think you meant to type MAN!
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            Hey now! There were plenty of men on here who advised you correctly. I think you meant to type MAN!
            Yes you are right! I meant my MAN lol!
            4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
            5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
            7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
            7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I've ordered a new "younger" batch of hamsters for your Victory Dance. Should be here by Wednesday. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X