filing BK and still paying minimum on c. cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filing BK and still paying minimum on c. cards

can i still file for BK--the credit card debt is about $20,000 more than i make--and i am paying the minimum only!!

You would need to post more information about your situation for anyone to help you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

If you are qualified to file bk, why pay the credit card? The idea is a 'fresh start'. You have to be under a minimal amount of pay vs. expenses, your family size etc. It is called a mean's test. Check out the stickies on the C7 forum, or Google it.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

If you are going to file in the near future, do not pay the credit cards. you are not going to get a good guy reputation just beacause of that.

Comment

Originally posted by bkfdrusa View Post
          If you are going to file in the near future, do not pay the credit cards. you are not going to get a good guy reputation just beacause of that.
          Wirhout knowing all the facts this may be bad advice. If the OP has recently made large purchases or taken cash advances with the cards paying the minimum could be the right thing to do.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            Wirhout knowing all the facts this may be bad advice. If the OP has recently made large purchases or taken cash advances with the cards paying the minimum could be the right thing to do.
            I agree with you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X