I have a real big question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a real big question

I had my 341 on July 10th it went great ! I do have a question my sister asked me to hold about 1500 for her in my bank account. My paycheck also went into the account. I am worried about having to give this money up. Can someone please help me.
    Filed Chapter 7: 06-09-09
    341 Meeting: 07-10-09
    Discharged: 09-17-09

when did she give the money to you? if its after you filed, they can't touch it. if it's from before you filed, then you were supposed to report somewhere that you were holding someone else's property. i'm guessing it was after you filed, because otherwise you most likely would have talked to your attorney about it already.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

It was yesterday. I had my 341 last friday

Comment

then there is no problem.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09

Comment

I was hoping so I was freaked out when I thought about it today. Thanks a bunch

Comment

also, how would they know?

Comment

they could know if they had the right to ask to see his post-filing bank statement. but they can't.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                they could know if they had the right to ask to see his post-filing bank statement. but they can't.
                Actually they can. I had to provide a post filing bank statement for each account BUT it was to show the balances as of the filing date. So, be careful what is in your account immediately after filing up to the 341. The OP should be ok because she is holding funds for her sister beginning after the 341.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

right. so the bank statement that includes the filing date would not also include the sister's money which was placed there over a month later.
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09

Comment

I hope it wasn't the other way around....that the sister was holding the money for the OP before the bk filing and took it out of hiding already!
                    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

i guess i meant, with all going "great" at 341, why would they inquire/how would they know? unless you tell them. as far as i know, my tt has no info on what bank accts i have, till he requests them, or am i mis-informed?

Comment

the trustee knows what bank accts you have because you listed them in your petition. other than what's in your petition, they know nothing.
                        filed ch7 May 09
                        341 june 09

Comment

my tt doesnt, i didnt list them. i dont think there is no requirment to list them, unless my paperwork is different than yours.

Comment

really?? it's in schedule B under checking, savings, and other accounts (#2). under description and location of property, my atty put down which banks and how much in each bank. how did you avoid that??
                            filed ch7 May 09
                            341 june 09

Comment

There was a poster recently that said that when she went to her 341, the Trustee asked her the normal questions and then asked her about a checking account she had but didn't list in her petition. She stated that she forgot about the account and hadn't used it in awhile and doubted there was much more than a few bucks in the account...bottom line....the Trustee wasn't happy and rescheduled her 341. So yes, some Trustee's (or their assistants) do some "digging". I would disclose all accounts.
                              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X