help with the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with the car

hello i am new here and my question is? It has been 3 months since i file bankruptcy and my discharge papers have been in for a month now,and the bank has not pick the car up as of yet. and it was include in the chapter 7. the car was a lease. what should i do?

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you have been discharged right? If I were you, I would contact the loan/lease company and ask when they plan on picking up the vehicle? Are you making payments?!?
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
      If I'm understanding your post correctly, you have been discharged right? If I were you, I would contact the loan/lease company and ask when they plan on picking up the vehicle? Are you making payments?!?
      I would have to agree with the above quote. Did you file your BK pro se? If not you should contact your lawyer. If you don't plan on keeping the car, you should contact the finance company. So you can return the car.....

Comment

Yes i have been making payments,and i am calling them today to come and get the car once agian.

Comment

Originally posted by thisme View Post
          Yes i have been making payments,and i am calling them today to come and get the car once agian.

Why are you making the payments if you are calling them to come get the car?
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

So i should not make any paments?

Comment

So i should not make any paments?
              If you want to keep the car continue making payments and the lender will leave you alone. If you want to surrender the car stop paying for it and schedule a time and place to surrender. Post BK you are not required to pay for the car.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

So THE MONEY I HAVE BEEN PAYING IS NOT REFUNDABLE,AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE PAID THEM ANYTHING.

Comment

So THE MONEY I HAVE BEEN PAYING IS NOT REFUNDABLE,AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE PAID THEM ANYTHING.
                  You got it.

Comment

WELL THAT HURTS I THOUGHT IF I DID NOT PAY them I WOULD OWE THEM I GUESS I am taking a lost. thank you for the info.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X