No announcement yet.

Question on going to court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I'm not. That was the first thing out of the lawyers mouth.

One other question. I was reading up on totality of the circumstances and it seems like they can include any future income. My hubby owns a mortgage company. Obviously his income will go up when the housing market improves. Can the judge look at this and assume we will be able to afford our debt one day in the future?

sorry for all the questions. I was up all night worrying about this and now I drank too much coffee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goingcrzy View Post
      Oh I'm not. That was the first thing out of the lawyers mouth.

One other question. I was reading up on totality of the circumstances and it seems like they can include any future income. My hubby owns a mortgage company. Obviously his income will go up when the housing market improves. Can the judge look at this and assume we will be able to afford our debt one day in the future?

sorry for all the questions. I was up all night worrying about this and now I drank too much coffee!!!

I don't think the Court can impute income based on perceived economic changes.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X