No announcement yet.

Please help me with my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question maybe you guys could help me with. I have that one property that I kept. At what point can I sell it and be safe? I told him I owed $63,000 and it's worth $75,000 which is accurate. He decided it wasn't worth it and abandoned it so am I safe to sell it now or do I have to wait until my BK is discharged or closes?
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
      Another question maybe you guys could help me with. I have that one property that I kept. At what point can I sell it and be safe? I told him I owed $63,000 and it's worth $75,000 which is accurate. He decided it wasn't worth it and abandoned it so am I safe to sell it now or do I have to wait until my BK is discharged or closes?
      The trustee has 30 days after your 341 to object to your exemptions. If you sell the property and have a profit in this time, then that could affect your case.

Also the US Trustee has 10 days after your 341 to file presumption of abuse (ie try to get you into a chapter 13). The US Trustee also has the full 60 days after your 341 to dismiss your case for "totality of circumstances". If you make a $12k profit on real estate that the trustee could have taken, that could be enough to throw you into a chapter 13. I would wait until you are discharged to sell the property just to be safe. (you don't have to wait until you are closed though, since the trustee is just keeping your case open to wait for your tax return...)
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

It's all nerve racking isn't it. I've been just trying to go with each deadline one at a time. That's all you can do.

We are 10 days away from our 60 days and I'm on Pacer everyday. (I don't pay for it though.)
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

OK LSU squeaked one out to go to 4-0, now the Saints need to get it done. If I could get the 341 done and get victories from the Tigers and the Saints this would be a good week!
          New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

OK LSU squeaked one out to go to 4-0, now the Saints need to get it done. If I could get the 341 done and get victories from the Tigers and the Saints this would be a good week!
            LSU beat Mississippi State, moved to 4-0
            Saints beat Buffalo, moved to 3-0
            Me and the wife beat the 341, moved to 1-0!

Got my first hilarious credit offer today. I am sure a lot of you have seen this one. We got one for me and one for my wife from First Premier. Because they feel bad that bad things happen to good people they are going to give us credit cards that when you get a $250 limit, you wind up with $51 of available credit and it costs well over $100 a year to keep.

THANKS BUT NO THANKS!

Comment

LSU, this thread is enormous and is taking forever for members to load. Can you please start new threads rather than just adding to this one when that's appropriate? Thanks so much!
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Strange.... the thread loads in a second for me.
                BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                  LSU, this thread is enormous and is taking forever for members to load. Can you please start new threads rather than just adding to this one when that's appropriate? Thanks so much!
                  Serious? I mean there are way bigger threads. I mean I hate when people start 4 threads a day and the point was to keep all of my stuff in one thread as kind of a running journey so to speak?

Do they have it set up to load the whole thing instead of just the current page?

I'll do whatever you guys want, just let me know.

Comment

Just checked my credit score again and it's come up almost 100 points. I did the dispute to get the few accounts that were not yet showing the $0 balance and it went from 475 to 562. Now after only one week since my 341 I am only about 55 points below where I was when I filed.

Hopefully I will get another small bump after discharge.

Comment

Just checked my credit score again and it's come up almost 100 points. I did the dispute to get the few accounts that were not yet showing the $0 balance and it went from 475 to 562. Now after only one week since my 341 I am only about 55 points below where I was when I filed.

Hopefully I will get another small bump after discharge.
                      You will. We are at 699 now. We were at 720 before we filed. Then it started dropping when we didn't pay. When we filed it went to 545. When I pulled it the other day, I was shocked, 699. All of my accounts show that we paid up to the end except for 2 that show 1 30 day late each. I'll have a few things to dispute once we are discharged, but I was pretty surprised it jumped back up already.

Comment

I checked my credit reports the other night and about half of my accounts are reporting IIB with zero balances. My scores have gone up about 50 points since I filed. I am going to wait until discharge to dispute the balances and reporting on the other cards. I figure even if my score goes back up to around what it was before this mess (700 or so), the bankruptcy public record is a huge nuclear bomb that hit the report and my score won't matter even if it is somewhat high.

I really don't want any credit except for a house in a couple of years, so whatever my score ends up being after I clean up the balances, won't matter to me for awhile.
                        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          I checked my credit reports the other night and about half of my accounts are reporting IIB with zero balances. My scores have gone up about 50 points since I filed. I am going to wait until discharge to dispute the balances and reporting on the other cards. I figure even if my score goes back up to around what it was before this mess (700 or so), the bankruptcy public record is a huge nuclear bomb that hit the report and my score won't matter even if it is somewhat high.

I really don't want any credit except for a house in a couple of years, so whatever my score ends up being after I clean up the balances, won't matter to me for awhile.

Yep, but if you want a house bts, stay on it. My attorney told me stay on it for a few years. We're still in our house and will be unless this So. Cal market takes a bigger dump than it has. In the end, life without credit cards is so much better!

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post

Oh I could not agree more. I have no intentions of using credit anytime soon, and if things go the way I have planned I will never use it again. I surely have no intention one of these pathetic rebuilding credit cards. Of course, you never know and there is going to be an oppurtunity for me to do something with my house on lowering the interest rate in two years when I am more likely to be eligible. That assumes of course that the rates are still attractive enough to do it.
                            Last edited by LSUTiger32; 10-01-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

OK, got a situation I guess.

When we were at the 341 my lawyer mentioned this might happen and we got a letter Saturday.

We want to keep one of our cars and we are surrendering the other one. The one we want to keep is with Ford Motor Credit and they had sent a re-affirmation agreement to my attorney for us to sign which we did. However, my attorney said something about since we were a presumed hardship that she would not sign it because if she did she would actually become liable. (Serious?) Anyway, it seems as though a local lawyer on behalf of Ford is setting up a hearing for us on 10/28/09 where my lawyer had told me they would do.

This has to do with the fact that we were like $2,300 a month upside down on our budget schedule but that was of course before all the stuff we gave up was gone. We can afford the car, do I have to go to this hearing with a budget or something to show we can?

Ford is offering the same deal and interest rate but they included something showing we owe $5,000 more than the car is worth. Do we have a possibility here to get the judge to cut down the debt since the car is worth more than we owe? The car is actually worth more, the dumb lawyer did a base model 4 cylinder and we have a loaded out 6. Still if there is a way we can save some money here, that's fine with me.

We aren't going to not be able to keep this car, huh?

Comment

Congrats on recovering from Katrina. I got 9 ft of water in St. Bernard Parish, and because I have been unable to find suitable employment in my field of software engineering, I have not been able to buy a replacement home yet (and if I go another 9 months or so, I will run out of ALL cash, and will forced to go Chapter 7.) I guess a 40-something man having multiple master's degrees from institutions such as LSU & Georgia Tech is just not worth anything these days.

I guess with zero income, I should be able to file Chapter 7 with no problem.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X