Please help me with my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
    I would increase your withholding a bit so you can keep more of the money. You still have 3 months to recoup some of it before you file.
    Funny you mentioned that, she walked us out the room and said I would tell you to increase your witholdings but I see you already have it set pretty good. So she was on top of that, she had already looked our check stubs over.
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
      Funny you mentioned that, she walked us out the room and said I would tell you to increase your witholdings but I see you already have it set pretty good. So she was on top of that, she had already looked our check stubs over.
      Seems like they wouldn't want anything done until the TT files their report of distribution.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Two things were filed just now on my PACER record.

1. Memo and Minutes of Chapter 7 341 meeting
        2. Formal legal document

Here is the legal document......please tell me this is good......I think it is.

TRUSTEE'S PETITION OF DISCLAIMER AND ABANDONMENT

To: Judge

The petition of the undersigned trustee of the estate of the above named debtors with represents:

On the ground that there is no equity in the hereinafter described property for the estate of the above named debtors, over and above such exemptions as may apply thereto, or that if there is any such equity, it is not sufficent to justify administration.

The undersigned trustee (in his official capacity under Federal law) as representative of the estate of the debtors, does by these presents, subject to the approval of the Court (which approval is hereby prayed for), disclaim and abandon all such right, title and interest of the said debtors estate in and to the following described property:

My primary residence, rental property, rental property #2, lot, car, car, car.

GOOD NEWS, right?????
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

2. Formal legal document

The petition of the undersigned trustee of the estate of the above named debtors with represents:

On the ground that there is no equity in the hereinafter described property for the estate of the above named debtors, over and above such exemptions as may apply thereto, or that if there is any such equity, it is not sufficent to justify administration.

The undersigned trustee (in his official capacity under Federal law) as representative of the estate of the debtors, does by these presents, subject to the approval of the Court (which approval is hereby prayed for), disclaim and abandon all such right, title and interest of the said debtors estate in and to the following described property:

GOOD NEWS, right?????
          IT'S GREAT NEWS. That's pretty much his report of no distribution, no assets. WELCOME TO THE 60 DAY CLUB!

See sometimes we fret over things we don't need to fret about!

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
            it's great news. That's pretty much his report of no distribution, no assets. Welcome to the 60 day club!

See sometimes we fret over things we don't need to fret about!
            whoooo weeeee!

Comment

2. Formal legal document

GOOD NEWS, right?????
              It's great news, but it does not list the college fund or the 401k or the tax refund, so it is pretty much what we described above. Still it means you will be discharged in 60 days.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

It's great news, but it does not list the college fund or the 401k or the tax refund, so it is pretty much what we described above. Still it means you will be discharged in 60 days.
                As long as I am in the club, that's fine with me. I'll just wait and see what happens with the college fund and the 401K stuff. I guess my attorney will contact me if need be.

Comment

As long as I am in the club, that's fine with me. I'll just wait and see what happens with the college fund and the 401K stuff. I guess my attorney will contact me if need be.

Yes you are definitely in the 60 day club! You are in the "formerly-had-assets-but-they-couldn't-push-you-into-a-chap-13-so-they-are-pissed" penalty box with me.

Comment

bts: Sometimes you speak in absolutes. Remember every district is different. Pretty much I can bet that was the TT report of no distribution. Also, the TT's report of no distribution and whether there is any UST involvement regarding a motion to dismiss are 2 different situations entirely.

Comment

Yes you are definitely in the 60 day club! You are in the "formerly-had-assets-but-they-couldn't-push-you-into-a-chap-13-so-they-are-pissed" penalty box with me.
                      I'm so glad for you guys! I'm sorry all of you guys are having to deal with these TT's that are pushing around people that have already beat themselves up enough and lived through far too much! Don't they have bigger fish to fry! I just don't get it.

The good news is that you guys are preparing and perservering. So if they end up with a few bucks in assets, SO BE IT! You still get your "Fresh Start"!

Comment

bts: Sometimes you speak in absolutes. Remember every district is different. Pretty much I can bet that was the TT report of no distribution. Also, the TT's report of no distribution and whether there is any UST involvement regarding a motion to dismiss are 2 different situations entirely.
                        I am not speaking in absolutes. Read the thread again. My post is the end of a long conversation on specific items the trustee brought up in the 341.

In any case I was not talking about a motion to dismiss, I was referring to the tax return, 401k and the college fund as exemptions.
                        Last edited by backtoschool; 09-25-2009, 01:50 PM. Reason: edited out some content

Comment

I am not speaking in absolutes. Read the thread again. My post is the end of a long conversation on specific items the trustee brought up in the 341.

In any case I was not talking about a motion to dismiss, I was referring to the tax return, 401k and the college fund as exemptions.

Sorry if you took offense bts, that is not my intention. You did refer to being discharged in 60 Days and that comes from a motion to dismiss from the UST and has nothing to do with whether or not you have an asset case.

My point is that every case, every district is different. I've worked in the legal field for 35 years and there are so many different variances just County to County, you can only imagine on a national level what is happening.

Comment

Sorry if you took offense bts, that is not my intention. You did refer to being discharged in 60 Days and that comes from a motion to dismiss from the UST and has nothing to do with whether or not you have an asset case.

My point is that every case, every district is different. I've worked in the legal field for 35 years and there are so many different variances just County to County, you can only imagine on a national level what is happening.
                            No offense taken. But I was simply referring to LSUTiger32 now being in the 60 day club, but with a possible objection to the college fund, and 401k exemptions and with the possible loss of next's year's tax refund.

This is very similar to my situation with my car exemption that came up in my 341.

Comment

No offense taken. But I was simply referring to LSUTiger32 now being in the 60 day club, but with a possible objection to the college fund, and 401k exemptions and with the possible loss of next's year's tax refund.

This is very similar to my situation with my car exemption that came up in my 341.
                              Like I said in another post, it totally sucks you guys have been put through the ringer! No reason for it! Go after the real abusers. Like you're hiding all those million of dollars in diamonds out in your house right?! Sure!

Comment

Like I said in another post, it totally sucks you guys have been put through the ringer! No reason for it! Go after the real abusers. Like you're hiding all those million of dollars in diamonds out in your house right?! Sure!
                                I wish I did!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X