No announcement yet.

Please help me with my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was quick, I checked the calendar again and we got 9/24/09 at 1PM. I was hoping for a little sooner, but that's OK. If all goes as planned we will have a lot to be thankful for Thanksgiving this year.
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Hey LSU Tiger! I'm from Louisiana too. We filed on 6/10 and our 341 was 7/30 in Lafayette. I just read your whole thread and it was like reliving the process again. Hang in there, the relief from the payments and the phone calls is so worth it.
      About the second class, I understand you have 45 days to file it, we did ours about ten days after the 341.

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
        Hey LSU Tiger! I'm from Louisiana too. We filed on 6/10 and our 341 was 7/30 in Lafayette. I just read your whole thread and it was like reliving the process again. Hang in there, the relief from the payments and the phone calls is so worth it.
        About the second class, I understand you have 45 days to file it, we did ours about ten days after the 341.
        So we don't have to do the first one in Louisiana (the post-filing one) but we do have to do the financial management one after the 341?

I know things are chaning in Louisiana on September 16, so I am really not sure. Looks like Dave Ramsey only offers the initial class so I am not sure if I am going to get to use his. I might just do it anyway.....I can't say that I can't use the knowledge.
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

I had to do the first one before filing, and also the second one after.
          There was exceptions for people in the Katrina area, maybe that's why you didn't have to?
          I would certainly contact your lawyer asap and find out.
          That could throw your case out if not done properly.

Comment

Will do, thanks!

Comment

Does anyone know why we can't edit the title of our posts? I would like to keep everything in one thread instead of starting a new one everytime. However, I think people think it is an old thread because of the title. I have gotten lots of help, so I just wanted to be able to update where I am in my journey.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
                Does anyone know why we can't edit the title of our posts? I would like to keep everything in one thread instead of starting a new one everytime. However, I think people think it is an old thread because of the title. I have gotten lots of help, so I just wanted to be able to update where I am in my journey.
                Then you should create a blog here on bkforum.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                  Then you should create a blog here on bkforum.
                  Oh, didn't know we had that option. I only check the boards I like this format better.

Comment

Can any moderator comment on the ability to change the title of a thread?

Comment

Wow, lots of stuff filed today.

-- Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Auto-docket of credit card
                      -- Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Meeting (Chapter 7)
                      1 Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Voluntary Petition (Chapter 7)
                      2 Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Social Security Statement (Private)
                      3 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Exhibit
                      3 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Acknowledgment of Receipt of Documents by Debtor(s)
                      4 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Tax Documents (Private)
                      5 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Payment Advices

What is auto-docket of credit card?

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
                        Wow, lots of stuff filed today.

-- Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Auto-docket of credit card
                        -- Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Meeting (Chapter 7)
                        1 Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Voluntary Petition (Chapter 7)
                        2 Filed & Entered: 08/17/2009 Social Security Statement (Private)
                        3 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Exhibit
                        3 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Acknowledgment of Receipt of Documents by Debtor(s)
                        4 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Tax Documents (Private)
                        5 Filed & Entered: 08/20/2009 Payment Advices

What is auto-docket of credit card?
                        The attorney pays the filing fee with a credit card, I believe that is what it's related to.
                        Filed 5/29/09
                        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by mamaluv View Post
                          The attorney pays the filing fee with a credit card, I believe that is what it's related to.
                          Ahhhh, makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

I'm right behind you on the filing... waiting on the average to drop since I'm not receiving rental income anymore either... thanks for this thread... you're not alone..

Comment

Hey Congrats on filing. Are you feeling better yet?

Comment

Originally posted by fooked View Post
                                I'm right behind you on the filing... waiting on the average to drop since I'm not receiving rental income anymore either... thanks for this thread... you're not alone..
                                Thanks man, it's tough. Katrina really did a number to me in more ways than you can ever imagine. It's like a bad dream that never ends! Hopefully this will help put all the mistakes to rest once and for all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X