Please help me with my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    You would be safe paying your mortgage. I'd still wait a few days to file. What is your rush?
    It's not like you are prepaying for 6 months. You are paying your next bill 2-3 weeks ahead of time. I wouldn't fret about it. I always pay my electricity bill on the 1st of the month even though it is due on the 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by lovebirds View Post
      It's not like you are prepaying for 6 months. You are paying your next bill 2-3 weeks ahead of time. I wouldn't fret about it. I always pay my electricity bill on the 1st of the month even though it is due on the 20th.
      OK cool. I will just do that then. Pay my bills that are due in a few weeks now and then get it filed early next week. This is assuming that I even get the money in the morning. I don't trust these people as far as I can throw them.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Hey! Took a nap LOL! Remember this, the day you file you need to have a Snapshot of your Bank Account Balance. What that means is the balance in your checking account. Soo, the prepaids you are going to do....they need to have cleared your checking account.

You can't have a Bank Statement Reconcilation Sheet showing what your bank balance is less any outstanding Auto-Pays, Checks, etc. Hope you have bill pay because a lot of times you can set up a Co. bill to be paid & if they use EFTs and/or ACHs it will come out of your checking account the next day.

I'm sure the day you file will not be the day your statement drops. Also, I don't know if your banking online is Completely Instant or not. Mine is except for Checks I may write or they may write (bills I pay through Bill pay & is not set up for EFTs and/or ACHs). Those checks do not show on my online banking until the following morning. You will need to print a Snapshot of your Bank Statement the day you file BK.

I hope this makes sense.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
          Hey! Took a nap LOL! Remember this, the day you file you need to have a Snapshot of your Bank Account Balance. What that means is the balance in your checking account. Soo, the prepaids you are going to do....they need to have cleared your checking account.

You can't have a Bank Statement Reconcilation Sheet showing what your bank balance is less any outstanding Auto-Pays, Checks, etc. Hope you have bill pay because a lot of times you can set up a Co. bill to be paid & if they use EFTs and/or ACHs it will come out of your checking account the next day.

I'm sure the day you file will not be the day your statement drops. Also, I don't know if your banking online is Completely Instant or not. Mine is except for Checks I may write or they may write (bills I pay through Bill pay & is not set up for EFTs and/or ACHs). Those checks do not show on my online banking until the following morning. You will need to print a Snapshot of your Bank Statement the day you file BK.

I hope this makes sense.

Luci
          Thanks again Luci, I didn't realize I would have to print the snapshot. Can I not print it at midnight tonight before the transactions hit? It would still have the correct date on it. I am going to try that and bring it tomorrow and see what my lawyer says. Hopefully we can still get it done because for my sanity I need it to be done. If not, it's going to be a long weekend!
          New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

LSU Yes you can do that. Did you spend all the money & have receipts to back it up? If you didn't, I would wait a day or two and spend the money.

I know you are about to go nutso BUT you can make it another day or two if you haven't spent the money. Don't let the Trustee get ANY of your money.

Dang, I've been at this since late last Sept. and Yes, I've had some days that I wish I was an Ostrich and could just go bury my head in the sand LOL!

Comment

So of course the money did indeed hit my account this morning. This is a good thing, I am not complaning.....I can pay my house note early, stock up on groceries and pay the rest of the bills for the month now. It's just probably going to delay my filing until Wednesday or Thursday since my wife gets direct deposit on Tuesday. We will still go today and sign the paperwork since I already have the time off of work.

Comment

Latest Update:

We went to the office and made our final payment to the attorney. We signed all of the paperwork and we are ready to file as soon as I get my bill payments made. I am just about done paying things and should be ready to go for Monday morning.

We are about $7K over on the annual salary for the mean because of our rental income but since we are not going to be receiving that anymore she did something where they take it off at the end. No matter, even with it we are -$1,300 a month when we take our deductions from the income. Adding that rental defecit back in and we are over $2,000 in the hole each month on our forms. That's pretty accurate considering we are saving about $2,500 a month since we stopped paying what will be IIB.

Hopefully all looks well Monday morning and I can make the call to file.

Comment

So today is the day.....hopefully. I am ready to just get this done so I am going to go with it today one way or another. One of my accounts I have everything cleared out of but one is still showing a decent balance because of the weekend and everything not clearing yet. I think I can print that one out tonight when everything clears and show the balance at the close of business today. Either way my attorney says that I will need to provide the entire month statement once the 341 rolls around and that some of the TT's use the daily average balance. The bottom line is that I can show where everything is going and what it is paying so I am really not too concerned. I guess I will deal with it if necessary.

I am just so ready to have this step complete and moving on...........

Comment

Just checked my other account and the three things I was hoping would clear did so. Therefore, as soon as 8AM rolls around I am making the call.

Comment

So, totally random here - are you going to tell your tenants that you are surrendering the properties or will it be a surprise to them at the end? We filed in LA and I, too, noticed the livestock exemptions and that just killed me. Good luck with everything, after the shock of it is over and the nuclear fallout settles there is a great big sigh of relief. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbug View Post
                        So, totally random here - are you going to tell your tenants that you are surrendering the properties or will it be a surprise to them at the end? We filed in LA and I, too, noticed the livestock exemptions and that just killed me. Good luck with everything, after the shock of it is over and the nuclear fallout settles there is a great big sigh of relief. I promise.
                        Yes I have told the tenants what is coming down the pipe and I also told them I have no idea when, because well I don't.

They are all under leases and from what I can tell, they continue to pay their rent to me until something changes so that's what we are doing.

Thanks so much, I can already feel some of the relief just from stopping payments on my credit cards and real estate loans that I am giving up. It's amazing the difference.

Comment

Done deal, just made the call. So when might I be able to check Pacer and see my case number? A week or so?

She said we will get the date for the 341 in a few weeks.

Comment

We are in the system. I just checked PACER and we are in. I got the case number now and I already saved a copy of my petition via PDF. So, as of 9:23 AM this morning we are another step closer. Looks like the 341 will be on either 9/11 (yikes) or 9/17 based on the calendar and when some other people close to our case number were scheduled. The sooner the better!

In my time on here I have seen a lot of people discuss the classes you have to take after filing. No one made any mention of them to me and according to one of the papers in my petition it is marked not necessary. My lawyer did say that starting 9/16 you have to do some credit counseling. Could it be that Louisiana has not required it until next month? I was planning on doing the Dave Ramsey one because well I love Dave!
                            Last edited by LSUTiger32; 08-17-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Today must be an 'off' day for me as this is the second Thread I've missed today.

CONGRATULATIONS! on your filing of Chapter 7. Yes, I was looking at our District/State Bankruptcy calendar and they are running about 3 weeks behind.

Gee Whilikers, wonder what how late date 341's will be, when we get our 7 filed on 9/30/09? Lots of people filing Bks these days.

Again, glad ya got filed.

Hugs,

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
                                Today must be an 'off' day for me as this is the second Thread I've missed today.

CONGRATULATIONS! on your filing of Chapter 7. Yes, I was looking at our District/State Bankruptcy calendar and they are running about 3 weeks behind.

Gee Whilikers, wonder what how late date 341's will be, when we get our 7 filed on 9/30/09? Lots of people filing Bks these days.

Again, glad ya got filed.

Hugs,

Luci
                                Thanks it's really a big load off of me. I just wanted it done so that there was no more second guessing. I've answered about 6 calls now and gave the information and the calls are stopping already.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X