No announcement yet.

Please help me with my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will feel so relieved once you have filed. It is all that anticipation and "what ifs" you are experiencing. You are prepared and you'll do great! Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Thanks, I really hope so. It will be a bittersweet day tomorrow for sure. Then the 341 suspense builds.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
        Thanks, I really hope so. It will be a bittersweet day tomorrow for sure. Then the 341 suspense builds.
        You didn't waste any time from exploring BK to filing!

If you were an OSU grad you wouldn't be so nervous going forward. We're taught we can handle adversity!
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
          You didn't waste any time from exploring BK to filing!

If you were an OSU grad you wouldn't be so nervous going forward. We're taught we can handle adversity!
          Well a few things happened that kind of pushed me into it. Things were getting to the point of lawsuits, so I figured that there wasn't going to be a better time. I also have a lawyer that only does BK and it very good at what she does.

As far as handling adversity, that's from all those beatings you guys take. We LSU fans are used to winning!
          New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Well a few things happened that kind of pushed me into it. Things were getting to the point of lawsuits, so I figured that there wasn't going to be a better time. I also have a lawyer that only does BK and it very good at what she does.

As far as handling adversity, that's from all those beatings you guys take. We LSU fans are used to winning!
            Talk to me after September 12th when OSU puts a nasty hurt on USC!
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Talk to me after September 12th when OSU puts a nasty hurt on USC!
              Hey I am cheering for you guys against USC. There is no team in the world I hate more than them.

Comment

Another question....my lawyer told me to have the checking accounts near empty when I file, which is tomorrow assuming they do it electronically (and judging by the speed of these guys, I am sure they do) do I have to clean out the accounts today? Can I take it out in one transaction, or should I split it up?

After the $600 I owe the lawyer, we are only talking about $400-500 here.

Comment

Another question....my lawyer told me to have the checking accounts near empty when I file, which is tomorrow assuming they do it electronically (and judging by the speed of these guys, I am sure they do) do I have to clean out the accounts today? Can I take it out in one transaction, or should I split it up?

After the $600 I owe the lawyer, we are only talking about $400-500 here.
                  How much cash is exempt in LA?

Comment

According to this.......

......none, I guess. Although one chicken and one cow is exempt!

She just said I could be asked at the 341 meeting by the trustee to write him/her a check for the amount of any money in the accounts on the day I file.

Comment

According to this.......

She just said I could be asked at the 341 meeting by the trustee to write him/her a check for the amount of any money in the accounts on the day I file.
                      No wildcard exemption either? Holy mackeral!

Comment

According to this.......

You shouldn't leave any money in your account. Buy extra food, prepay bills, buy clothes you need, extra gas, prepaid movie tickets, etc. Purchase a 6 month pass to the zoo. Just keep the receipts for all of it.

Comment

Yes! Take the cash out BUT make sure you Spend it by the day of filing on Legitimate Expenses. Stock up on paper products, canned goods, etc. Dang, LA is brutal in the Cash Side of Bankruptcy!

Good Luck!

Check with your Attorney about prepaying utilities as some Districts don't allow it. Not sure how they find out, unless Trustee requests to see the actual bill, but I read it on this forum several months ago. Just an FYI

Comment

This is my luck I tell ya.....I find out that the housing agency that has been snubbing me for months on payments for my tenant is going to deposit a large sum of money into my account tomorrow morning. Only I could screw up having no money.

Now we might have to wait a few more days before we can file. Then again my house note is due on 9/1. That wouldn't be considered pre-paying, huh?

Comment

This is my luck I tell ya.....I find out that the housing agency that has been snubbing me for months on payments for my tenant is going to deposit a large sum of money into my account tomorrow morning. Only I could screw up having no money.

Now we might have to wait a few more days before we can file. Then again my house note is due on 9/1. That wouldn't be considered pre-paying, huh?
                              You would be safe paying your mortgage. I'd still wait a few days to file. What is your rush?

Comment

You would be safe paying your mortgage. I'd still wait a few days to file. What is your rush?
                                No rush other than I am ready to get it done and the phone is driving me crazy. It rings no less than 30 times a day. I wanted to have the case number so that I could start telling them the news and hopefully get some peace and quiet.

I just talked to the paralegal and she said that we can come in and sign and then they will hold it until I make sure that the money is gone and spent on living expenses. I figure paying the house note and a good trip to the grocery and Sam's will take care of it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X