top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to get some opinions..Please Help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprisingly, i have to disagree with 'Hub. it's one thing to arrange for them to get foodstamps, to divert creditor calls from them to you, or to have power of attorney in case something were to happen to them. but to have them declared incompetent?!? first, i don't see why that would help them with the debts. but more importantly, they are obviously competent and even bringing up such an idea at this age would make them feel less-than, which is the last thing you want to do to your own parents. let them take care of their affairs as long as they can and let them be the independent people that they are. declaring them incompetent would ruin them emotionally and probably kill them very quickly.

so don't do it.

everything else, i agree with.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am going to call Angel missions for food for them. I made another appointment with another attorney.

I told them to close there checking account and reopen another one.

I will be there with them every step of the way. I will not allow this burden to lay on there shoulders alone. I am a take over type of person with them. I am extremely protective with my parents.

I tried food stamps. They are over by 200.00 a month, so thats out. They are getting help thru the state with all of there prescriptions, which by the way is a HUGE help. If it wasn;t for that, they would not be able to afford there medication and probably wouldn't be alive.

I also told them to get caller ID - cause they are still with the old phones with no caller ID.

Does anyone know if I send one of those cease letters to the credit card companies if that will work?

Thanks again everyone...

HUB - I know you know what I am talking about with my parents. They are truly scared and think that paying there cc bills on time and doing without is the right thing to do, but I am quickly changing there thinking process.

Comment

good luck to you and your parents. They are very lucky to have you looking out for them. I can't even imagine going through this such a stressful time at their age.

I read an article recently on bankruptcy law network on this subject. The author listed a couple alternatives, maybe it will help.
        http://www.************************/...d-older-folks/

Comment

I will read it. Thanks alot

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X