Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to track down all debts?

Hello,

First post here, I am in the early stages of filing for bankruptcy. I could use some advice on how to track down all my debts, so that I can list them in my bankruptcy.

I have gotten my credit report from all three agencies, but they don't list everything, partly because over the last few years I've gone through them and challenged a lot of negative information, some of which was removed. I've also moved around some and don't have complete records.

Any ideas on how to get information on any debts that might be out there that I may have forgotten about? Most bankruptcy books and advice seem to start with "First, list all your debts" without giving any tips on how to do that for those of us whose histories are a little...tangled.

Thanks.

Well the first place you've gone to and that's your credit report.

If you made payments on the past debt even if you later stopped, you might could use old bank records to find out, assuming you have them and wrote enough info on the checks.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Adversary View Post
      Hello,

First post here, I am in the early stages of filing for bankruptcy. I could use some advice on how to track down all my debts, so that I can list them in my bankruptcy.

I have gotten my credit report from all three agencies, but they don't list everything, partly because over the last few years I've gone through them and challenged a lot of negative information, some of which was removed. I've also moved around some and don't have complete records.

Any ideas on how to get information on any debts that might be out there that I may have forgotten about? Most bankruptcy books and advice seem to start with "First, list all your debts" without giving any tips on how to do that for those of us whose histories are a little...tangled.

Thanks.
      When you disputed some of the negative information, might you have kept a copy of the letter disputing it. How's your recordkeeping? I keep all Credit Card Statements for the past 10 years along with Bank Statements, Homes bought and sold. Possible to go through some of the above statements??

Don't forget medical bills, old or new, as you are required to list all Debts not paid for at time of Bk. I also keep my yearly calendar which sometimes I put valuable info on date of event.

Just some ideas I thought of.

Luci

Comment

Your lawyer can order your credit report and get that info. As far as personal loans, you have to tell your lawyer to include those.

Comment

I found Experian had all that info, Equifax did not.
          I used all of my credit cards to compare account numbers, and that turned out saving me a problem because wamu was listed under a collection agency, and also listed under chase, since wamu is now chase. So basically it was listed three times. I used the one with the most recent date.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X