Ahh CRAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh CRAP!

ok so color me lame but I just realized my DH's weight machine is not in the garage-he bought it about 1-1/2 to 2years ago and and was making payments until we filed
    He SOLD IT!!!!
    for less then it was worth about $200 a month ago

I signed on our petetion that we did NOT sell anything in the last 90days !!!!

What do I need to do!

is this amt too low to worry about or does that even matter?

crap.. what if the company that financed it want it back!

he sold it to a random person so we can't get it back

....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........

Ahhh crap!!!! Just kidding! :

I think you are thinking too much into this...okay, 1st of all, did you pay for it with a credit card or a "store card"?!? Either way, I don't think it's a big deal. If you paid for it with a visa/mc/amex, you've got nothing to worry about, it's not a secured debt. If you used a "store credit card", and they claim it's a "secured item", see what they have to offer (if they do at all)...trust me, they don't want your hubby's sweaty 'ol gym equipment
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

how much would you say it was worth?

if he sold it to a random person, that essentially means that it was worth exactly the price agreed upon. that's how market rates are set: two strangers, one selling and one buying, agree on a price.

if it were sold to a friend for less than it's worth, someone could complain that you are trying to hide the asset with a friend and get it back after the bk case is closed. but since it's a random person, there is really no problem here that i can see.

and with only $200, it's not a big deal that it's not on your petition.

did your DH sign the petition too?
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Random person? That's funny.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Most likely you have nothing to worry about. He is lucky to have found a buyer. I can't tell how many times I have seen all sorts of exercise gear sitting on the side of the road.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post
            I signed on our petetion that we did NOT sell anything in the last 90days !!!!
            Are you sure you didn't sell it 91 days ago? Just saying...

Comment

Yes DH signed the petition as well
              It was financed through..a bank ... and actually I just checked pacer and they last night they added a request of notifications (that is ironic)

I think he still owed 800

Random Person off of Craigslist, it was listed for 500 along with about 8 others but this person called and said he had health issues but didn't have money for a gym membership or new equipment (yahdee yah) and DH was like "OK then" .. the person offered to make payments and DH just took the 200 (he can be kinda sappy and helpful)

I suppose I could reafirm and just not mention that we sold it????

I am not very good at deceit .. but i suppose i shouldn't say anything and just wait until they say.. "give it back or pay" ?????

CRAP

Comment

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post
                yes dh signed the petition as well
                it was financed through..a bank ... And actually i just checked pacer and they last night they added a request of notifications (that is ironic)

i think he still owed 800

random person off of craigslist, it was listed for 500 along with about 8 others but this person called and said he had health issues but didn't have money for a gym membership or new equipment (yahdee yah) and dh was like "ok then" .. The person offered to make payments and dh just took the 200 (he can be kinda sappy and helpful)

i suppose i could reafirm and just not mention that we sold it????
                i am not very good at deceit .. But i suppose i shouldn't say anything and just wait until they say.. "give it back or pay" ?????

Crap

do not make this mistake!
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I'm not sure what OhioFiler is meaning, but exercise gear is much like electronics--they depreciate greatly in value one you sign for it and take it out the door. It is unlikely that they are going to ask for it back. It is also highly unlikely that anyone will go to your home and audit your possessions.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    I'm not sure what OhioFiler is meaning, but exercise gear is much like electronics--they depreciate greatly in value one you sign for it and take it out the door. It is unlikely that they are going to ask for it back. It is also highly unlikely that anyone will go to your home and audit your possessions.
                    The OP should not REAFFIRM the debt on that equipment! That's what I mean. She'll be liable to pay off the debt and someone else will be using the equipment.

Comment

That is what I thought you meant, and I agree--do NOT reaffirm this debt.

Comment

I committed FRAUD because i said i did NOT sell an asset in 90 days but I DID !!!

the company will want something .. they have already expressed interest on Pacer

Comment

Interest in Pacer isn't them wanting something, it is an interest in the case...that's it.

there is no such thing as unintentional fraud, it is called a mistake, that you can ignore
                          Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
                          ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

i'll let it go.. wait and see....
                            (feels VERY uncomfortable)
                            (wrong..)
                            (lie..)

OK so sometimes i have a bit of a "PollyAnna" Syndrome attack...

Comment

You can go and amend your paperwork if it would make you feel better. It costs $26.00--or did. Some court fees have gone up with the coming of July 1. But it is so insignificant an item, that I would just ignore it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X