No announcement yet.

aaghhhh! Banking help PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you do, don't go to Bank of America unless you have NO other options! While they did leave our checking account untouched despite the fact that we owe them over $20k in credit cards... they are the worst bank I've ever had! They have taken over $1000 from us in the past 60 days in overdraft fees because they've been holding our deposits additional days and say it's some new policy, "accidentally" cancelled our check cards (conveniently on the day my husband ended up in the emergency room), and have been unable to close my business checking account for over a year. Each month they charge that account a fee for some service I never had, the account pops back open, and I spend another hour of my life talking to them on the phone about it. We've been trying to get out of that bank for over a year but with everything else going on I dread the thought of changing our checking account.

Wells Fargo holds our Mortgage and an Equity Line. We've always paid both on time. Once we filed bk they did freeze our equity line, but I'm sure that's to be expected.

Your best bet is probably a local, small bank where you can explain your situation to a reasonable person who is able to make decisions. Credit unions tend to be more picky in my experience - I know someone mentioned going to a credit union. I've heard from several people who's cu's have dropped them after filing bk.

Good luck!
    Ineligible for DMP: 12/2008. Stopped paying CC's: 1/2009. First meeting with BK attorney: 4/2009. Filed Ch. 7: 5/15/2009. 341 Hearing: 7/8/2009. Discharged: 8/25/2009.

Comment

mickey

I think the reason you are having trouble is the deficient checking account not the bk. That is why you are showing up on the chexsystem.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X