Job after Chapter 7....questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job after Chapter 7....questions

I received my discharge from my chapter 7 3 months ago. I applied for a banking job and got an interview and signed a background and credit check. My question is can they turn me down because of my credit problems?
    Who has gotten a job at a bank after chapter 7?

Are they going to do a drug test by any chance?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      Are they going to do a drug test by any chance?
      Are you implying that the OP is on drugs? Not nice.
      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mindyandy420 View Post
        I received my discharge from my chapter 7 3 months ago. I applied for a banking job and got an interview and signed a background and credit check. My question is can they turn me down because of my credit problems?
        Who has gotten a job at a bank after chapter 7?
        it probably depends on how large of a bank you're applying at... I work in the banking industry and have known quite a few people that filed for BK- but they already worked there.

Also, if you had a really great interview - it probably won't matter so much.

What type of position were you applying at? Banker, Teller? etc...
        Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
        341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
        Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
        Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie007 View Post
          Are you implying that the OP is on drugs? Not nice.

Nope...just asking. The "420" in the user name is interesting though!
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            Nope...just asking. The "420" in the user name is interesting though!
            Yes the "420" is interesting...I'm surprised you caught on. Not many people do. I dont care if they do drug testing. I dont use drugs. I actually just left a government job working for child support. I had to drive 80 miles a day to get there so it really wasnt worth it.
            The bank isnt like Wells Fargo or a huge franchise but it has 3 branches here in ND. I thought the interview went very well. I'm just nervous about the credit check. I have a student loan I have been lagging on. I'm just waiting for a job to start paying on it.

Oh, yes a teller/proofing position.

Comment

Good luck getting the job, I am interested to know how this turns out.
              I have to do a search on here to determine which areas of industry are closed to me now.

420 - I am so un-hip, what does this mean?
              Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
              Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
              341 Meeting 01/05/2009
              Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

420 I believe is M.J. ,Pot, Maryjane, Marijuna,Weed

Funny I used to smoke alot in the ole days of being a hippie girl...Now? I didn't know what 420 was either until I was looking for a roommie and read about 420 friendly lol..I thought what the heck is that? lol

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X