top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many passed the means test if you were "slightly" above median income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timeouts1 View Post
    What type of expenses? I certainly do not want to inflate anything, but when I look at what we actually bring home and what is left over yet, the means test shows we have around $200 left. They do not inlcude our loan payments to the 401k however, we have no choice put to pay those you cannot get out that unless you quit your job. We are around $6000 over median for family of 4 and problem is we have 21 year old twins in college but cannot count any expenses except food, and health care costs for them.
    Any ideas?
    Health care costs can seem a little vague. Did you include all over the counter medicines such as band-aids, sunscreen, pain relief, etc. My attorney basically picked my brain. I managed to find a lot more expenses than I had originally came up with. Like my attorney stated, "Keep thinking."
    5/29/09 ~ filed chapter 7
    7/13/09 ~ 341 meeting
    10/8/09 ~ Discharged!!!
    10/27/09 ~ Closed!!!

Comment

Anything, subscriptions, club memberships (do you belong to Costco or Sam's?), contact lenses, AAA, Fireword (if you have a fireplace)....things that you would not normally pay out on a monthly basis. Think about it...you'll be amazed how these "little" expenses add up!
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
        Anything, subscriptions, club memberships (do you belong to Costco or Sam's?), contact lenses, AAA, Fireword (if you have a fireplace)....things that you would not normally pay out on a monthly basis. Think about it...you'll be amazed how these "little" expenses add up!
        liz417 has a good point. If you think of things on an annual basis versus monthly you could find a lot more expenses. My attorney had told me about a client that included his daughter's prom and graduating expenses in the education expense and there was no question. This may not pertain to you, but it just shows how thinking of expenses that do not usually occur, but contribute to the "well being" of the family make a difference.
        5/29/09 ~ filed chapter 7
        7/13/09 ~ 341 meeting
        10/8/09 ~ Discharged!!!
        10/27/09 ~ Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ska View Post
          liz417 has a good point. If you think of things on an annual basis versus monthly you could find a lot more expenses. My attorney had told me about a client that included his daughter's prom and graduating expenses in the education expense and there was no question. This may not pertain to you, but it just shows how thinking of expenses that do not usually occur, but contribute to the "well being" of the family make a difference.
          EXACTLY!!! Oh, just thought of another one...do you have a dog? License and annual checkup for Fido!!!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

These expenses are great, but my attorney hasn't asked for these types of things yet. Is that standard? We will know on Monday if we pass.

One more thing, we have about 2400 mortgage payment (WAY TOO HIGH for our income)and we are probably going to foreclose on our home. Should we continue to pay (we are 1 month behind) our mortgage to include that as an expense?

I know our attorney is a shark but I'm worried that maybe we've missed something after reading all the posts.
            Thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X