Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post
    yowser

I really do like sitting higher then when I drive a car but i can definitely say it isn't to feel "tough" or "dominating" .. it feels good.. your legs aren't cramped (i am tall) you can see very clearly and yes I do feel a bit safer driving my kids and there friends around. I am a very safe driver anyway but still..

You are right in that it is not necessary, I could get by on a car if need be

I get 20mpg transport 8 people and my dog a bunch of sports stuff and groceries and I feel safe and comfortable.. payment wouldn't be much less for a car just a bit better for gas

Tough and Dominating .. silly
    Do you wear leather and carry a whip? You're an SUV drivin' dominatrix!
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

You could accomplish all of that in a minivan for less money
      I do not provide legal advice. All I do here is give my two cents as an opinion and at least share some of the facts that I know. Attorneys can provide legal advice, so go ask them or hire one.

Comment

a
        I do not provide legal advice. All I do here is give my two cents as an opinion and at least share some of the facts that I know. Attorneys can provide legal advice, so go ask them or hire one.

Comment

I got a lead with a company called Auto Loan Finders Incorporated. Is anyone familiar with them? http://www.autoloanfinders.com/

They seem to have a good rep:

Comment

I've been hitting Autotrader now on a weekly basis for months. I just don't have luck with used cars. I don't mind spending a few extra thousand for a brand new one. The smart car is about $15,000. That's dirt cheap. Honda Fit's, Honda Civic's, Toyota Prius's are all thousands more for more or less gas mileage. Plus the smart car only takes 7 quarts of oil every 2 years. That's SUPER CHEAP to maintain. And maybe 3 quarts of gear lube for the transmission. That will be cheaper to maintain than any car on the road.

I will know what car I want closer to next year.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
              I've been hitting Autotrader now on a weekly basis for months. I just don't have luck with used cars. I don't mind spending a few extra thousand for a brand new one. The smart car is about $15,000. That's dirt cheap. Honda Fit's, Honda Civic's, Toyota Prius's are all thousands more for more or less gas mileage. Plus the smart car only takes 7 quarts of oil every 2 years. That's SUPER CHEAP to maintain. And maybe 3 quarts of gear lube for the transmission. That will be cheaper to maintain than any car on the road.

If you were smart, you'd buy a USED Smart Car!

P.S. I drove one last year and decided a Honda Civic was a much better choice for me.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                If you were smart, you'd buy a USED Smart Car!

P.S. I drove one last year and decided a Honda Civic was a much better choice for me.
                And save what, $200 bucks?! NO THANKS!

I saw one used smart car and it had 1500 miles on it. I was wondering what the hell would compell a person to buy a brand new car, put a few weeks worth of miles on it and get rid of it?

The seats had stains on them and the hood would not latch. NO WONDER they traded it in.

No more used cars for me, thanks... especially not a smart car. I want something brand new knowing that it was never wrecked and maintained properly. That's why I am downsizing from a $43,000 dollar car to a $15,000 car and am not looking to replace it with expensive SUV's. I learned my lesson.

Comment

And save what, $200 bucks?! NO THANKS!

I saw one used smart car and it had 1500 miles on it. I was wondering what the hell would compell a person to buy a brand new car, put a few weeks worth of miles on it and get rid of it?

The seats had stains on them and the hood would not latch. NO WONDER they traded it in.

No more used cars for me, thanks... especially not a smart car. I want something brand new knowing that it was never wrecked and maintained properly. That's why I am downsizing from a $43,000 dollar car to a $15,000 car and am not looking to replace it with expensive SUV's. I learned my lesson.
                  Doesn't speak too well to the quality of the Smart Car. 1500 miles and the hood won't latch? My guess is the stains are the result a couple near death experiences driving that tin can down the road.

Comment

Doesn't speak too well to the quality of the Smart Car. 1500 miles and the hood won't latch? My guess is the stains are the result a couple near death experiences driving that tin can down the road.
                    It's not that it wouldn't latch... the entire piece that it connected to was gone. It may have been wrecked and the people did a half-ass job at fixing it. That's why I don't trust buying used cars.

I can get a brand new 2009 smart car for mid $15,000's.

Here's an example of why I'd rather buy a brand spanking new one... Look at the price of this:
                    2008 smart for two

A brand new one will be cheaper! Many people overpaid for the 2008 models when they first came out due to the 1-year waiting list.

Now the dealer lots are full of 2009 models which didn't happen when the 2008's first came out. They had over 30,000 of these cars on order when they first were announced.

Comment

Do you wear leather and carry a whip? You're an SUV drivin' dominatrix!
                      Meow

Comment

Originally posted by CH33 Paralegal View Post
                        You could accomplish all of that in a minivan for less money
                        maybe.. I don't think i can pack as much for sure or tow.. but that is neither here nor there.. it could be done i suppose
                        but
                        but i don't like them as much... payment isnt better .. not as cute (yea ok i went there-).. 50 bucks less a month on gas...

no worries mate I will give you and your kin a ride .. I may just need 5bucks for gas

Comment

sounds like our auto makers are on the right track!

Comment

I bought an 09 corrolla for a song recently. just a little bit more than that smart car price point.

Comment

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post
                              maybe.. I don't think i can pack as much for sure or tow.. but that is neither here nor there.. it could be done i suppose
                              but
                              but i don't like them as much... payment isnt better .. not as cute (yea ok i went there-).. 50 bucks less a month on gas...

no worries mate I will give you and your kin a ride .. I may just need 5bucks for gas
                              Yeah, I don't need it because my cars do what I need them to do.

Ok, so we replace tough and dominating with...how about "attractive" and "fun to drive"....regardless of the vocabulary we use, I think we can both arrive at the conclusion that VANITY is what caused the purchase of the SUV over the minivan, not UTILITY. and I would like to find the SUV that has more cubic inches of cargo capacity than an extended minivan.

Comment

and lets not go down the "towing" road....what needs to be towed by an SUV while one is considering BK? I hope it's not a boat.....I hope it's not a massive camper.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X