Garnishment of Wages (Self-Employed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garnishment of Wages (Self-Employed)

Good morning, Hearts here. Got a quick question. One of the creditors on DH's bk7 is a joint debt with me. Should I still make payments to this creditor even though he will most likely be discharged from this debt? I am self-employed so I don't know that they can garnish my wages or anything. Advice please?

Hearts

I would hold off. They cannot garnish YOU but could hit your bank account but it would not be without warning. This debt may just be completly gone after discharge. Wait and see. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, HUB... I will do that and see. I will report back and let you know so that if there is anyone else in this situation with their spouse they may have some idea.

Hearts

Comment

Being self-employed, you could always give yourself a substantial wage cut if served with a Order of Continuing Garnishment. You know dock yourself for being late on Tuesday, outright not showing up on Wednesday... Hell, you could fire yourself on Friday.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X