finally finishing up my packet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally finishing up my packet!

i took today and tomorrow off of work so i can finish the packet the lawyer sends to you that you have to fill out and send back with all sorts of info. I didnt even want to face it was time to take care of this, but im proud, i got all my info together, all i have to do is the pre BK counseling and im going to save that for later on or tomorrow.

retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
    10/30/10- WEDDING!!
    09/04/09-discharged!!!

Good job.

I was wondering if you could maybe change the spelling of "to" in your signature to "too".

This too shall pass.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I finished my packet this weekend and turned it in on Monday.
      It was like a part-time job getting all that together but I was able to check everything off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
        i finished my packet this weekend and turned it in on monday.
        It was like a part-time job getting all that together but i was able to check everything off the list.
        lol!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats on getting done.

I finished most of our packet today. It took all of yesterday, a trip to atty to pay retainer(DH insisted we put some money down to get started) and then finished what I could today. I went back to atty to drop of the rest.

Of all the things, we cannot find DH & the children's social security cards. I have looked everywhere. So now first thing tomorrow I have to go apply for replacements. I hope it does not slow our process down.

We are praying to get a Ch 7, but paralegal said that we may have to file CH 13 and then convert to a 7. She is determined to get us with a Ch 7 in the end, but said we make have to "play it out" first.

I am somewhat relieved and am hopeful for the day that this will be behind us and I will not have to worry from day to day about our finances. I am ready for the fresh start and ready to start living again.

Thanks to everyone here for all their support.

Comment

Oh how I dread the "packet"...how long did it take everyone to do it all?

Comment

Originally posted by momxx5 View Post
              Congrats on getting done.

I finished most of our packet today. It took all of yesterday, a trip to atty to pay retainer(DH insisted we put some money down to get started) and then finished what I could today. I went back to atty to drop of the rest.

Of all the things, we cannot find DH & the children's social security cards. I have looked everywhere. So now first thing tomorrow I have to go apply for replacements. I hope it does not slow our process down.

We are praying to get a Ch 7, but paralegal said that we may have to file CH 13 and then convert to a 7. She is determined to get us with a Ch 7 in the end, but said we make have to "play it out" first.

I am somewhat relieved and am hopeful for the day that this will be behind us and I will not have to worry from day to day about our finances. I am ready for the fresh start and ready to start living again.

Thanks to everyone here for all their support.
              Our attorney said worst case we would have to go a 13 and then convert to a 7 as well. He said that it is mostly a chess game and you have to position yourself.

Good luck. I have founhd that knowing the worst case scenario helps me sleep better at night, no surprises.
              Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

today i did the required pre BK counseling online, now Monday i just have to finish the counseling over the phone...and then its lookin like i can send my ppwk in...wooohooo!

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                Good job.

I was wondering if you could maybe change the spelling of "to" in your signature to "too".

This too shall pass.
                done!!! lol
                retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
                10/30/10- WEDDING!!
                09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X