top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone go to a 341 meeting? I want to watch at least one if possible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 Meeting was in a closed off room. They scheduled appointments every 30 minutes, with about 4 or 5 people scheduled at each appointment. If your appointment was at say 10:00am, they would come out into the lobby and announce that everyone with a 10:00am appointment could come in the room. Only BK filers, lawyers, and creditors were allowed in the room. People with 10:30 appointments were not allowed to come in. I think part of the reason for this is that the meeting room was a conference room with one big table that everyone sat at. There wasn't any extra seating in the room to speak of other than at the table. So additional people would have been noticed and would have taken up valuable space.

So, it's not universal that you can just walk into a 341 Meeting that isn't your own.
    Filed Ch. 7 (no asset): 12/30/2008
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2009
    Last Date for Objections: 03/27/2009
    Discharged & Closed: 03/30/2009

Comment

I agree that it's not worth going. The 341 is nothing more than a job interview. Maybe even less.
      02/05/09 Filed BK7
      03/11/09 341 Hearing
      05/20/09 Discharged!

Comment

i asked my lawyer what i could do to prepare myself for the 341..... he suggested that i go to the state prison and watch an execution!
        "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

I HIGHLY recommend going to a 341 if you have no idea what lawyer to hire. Actually going to a session will quickly show you what lawyers NOT to hire, and if you see a lawyer with all the clients getting a quick time of it, hire that one.

At our 341, there were 2 lawyers that were so bad the Trustee's were making comments and rolling their eyes. These lawyers were by far the very cheapest choices we had. Fortunately, our lawyer was excellent. But had I had no idea who to hire, going to a 341 would have made it crystal clear who stinks.

Comment

Yes! Go to two or three even. As mentioned earlier every case is different which is why you should go to more then one.

Also use PACER to see other debtors in similar situations then you are in and just how their attorneys handled their cases. Just don't go even broker then you are with PACER.

You will be much more prepared when you go to yours.

Great job of asking the question and researching it instead of filing now and asking later. Too many of the unprepared bk filers go bankrupt and still end up paying either fraud cc charges, additional legal fees or pushed into chapter 13's.
            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X