top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone go to a 341 meeting? I want to watch at least one if possible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone go to a 341 meeting? I want to watch at least one if possible.

Is it permitted to go to a 341 meeting just to watch and get a feel for it before your actual meeting?

Yes.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I think its a good idea..I'm going to go and watch sometime after I file. If for no other reason as to soothe my nerves.

Comment

yes, no one will know you are there to watch. We just walked into a room with a bunch of other people who were waiting and then they called us all into the "hearing room" and we all sat and were called up individually. No one would have noticed if someone sat in the back and was never called. You'll get the idea of how it works after you watch a few people go up, then you can quietly walk out.
        Sarah H Owosso, MI
        WE DID IT!! PRO SE
        Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
        DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I'd probably like to goto one myself, for nothing else to see what it's like.
          Pre-bankruptcy appointment - 4/15/2009
          sigpic

Comment

Yes you can....and if you're nervous about your upcoming 341 then you'll probably not be after you see one. You'll see that they are not a big deal in most cases.
            Filed C7: 12/16/08; 341 Meeting: 1/22/09
            Last Day for Objections: 3/23/09 (No Objections)
            Discharged: 4/3/09
            Closed: 3/23/10

Comment

Very good idea! I might just have to do this myself!

Comment

How can u find out when a 341 is scheduled? I would like to go to one myself.
                "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
                (author unknown)

Comment

Yes. I personally would not waste my time going though. Everyones situation is different and it sounds like trustees ask different questions when needed. I think like people have stated before on these boards, our attorneys dont know why we make this 341 such a big deal. Be honest with your attorney about everything up front and you should be fine.
                  From this day on I move FORWARD!!!
                  Filed Chapter 7 on 3/20/09!
                  Discharged 6/2009

Comment

Originally posted by deadbroke99 View Post
                    How can u find out when a 341 is scheduled? I would like to go to one myself.
                    look in pacer
                    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                    341 09/17/2008
                    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

some on here have stated they are taken into a private room, so YMMV(your milage may vary). I was thinking about doing the same but after hearing numerous people talk about how easy it was, I changed my mind. plus the parking here is terrible.

Comment

I don't think people get taken to a private room the 341 is a public meeting of the creditors. BK is open to the public.
                        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                        341 09/17/2008
                        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Its nothing to worry about. I was nervous and it was just like everyone here keeps telling everyone...its gonna take 5 minutes and you're done.

Comment

Don't go. As people came in the little room they ask for their time of appointment. believe me it is no big deal. Stop worrying. Just go in and tell the truth when asked ?. I was worried for nothing. Relax. Good luck
                            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Just show up half an hour early to your meeting and listen then. We had to check in with security and they asked us our names and we were on a list don't know if they would let other in. It is not a big deal as long as you tell the truth and don't hide anything. Ours was a whole 2 minutes and the other 5 people who went before us didn't get grilled even though they some had some fishy stuff they admitted to. All depends on your trustee, ours was nice and easy going and even laughing with our attonery at times. It isn't a big deal.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X