No announcement yet.

Reaffirmation of Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My niece had a dodge Neon that sat in my driveway for almost a year, before they sent anyone to pick it up. She did call to tell them where it was, she wasn't hiding it. Repo guy finally called to set up an appointment with me to be home so he could get it.
    Last edited by pookieny; 03-28-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
      But if I intend to surrender it when I file, isn't there some kind of automatic stay and they can't touch till the 341 meeting?

My car has 41,000 miles on it. My last payment was March 4th but that was the payment due Feb. 1
      If you aren't making payments on it. if they don't get it before you file they will motion for relief of stay. then they will repo it.
      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
      341 09/17/2008
      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

But if I intend to surrender it when I file, isn't there some kind of automatic stay and they can't touch till the 341 meeting?

My car has 41,000 miles on it. My last payment was March 4th but that was the payment due Feb. 1
        Yeah, once you file, they can't touch it for like 2 months. Then they will try to legally get the automatic stay lifted so they can repo it. Is there anywhere you can hide it or will you have another vehicle by then?

Comment

No place to hide and I won't have another vehicle for a while till I save up to buy a cheapo. I work from home and only have to go into the office once per week and can get the bus. There are stores/restauants within walking distance and my niece has a car and I can use her car if need to.

Comment

No place to hide and I won't have another vehicle for a while till I save up to buy a cheapo. I work from home and only have to go into the office once per week and can get the bus. There are stores/restauants within walking distance and my niece has a car and I can use her car if need to.
            You're super lucky. There's NOTHING walking distance from here. At least it won't be such a big blow to you if you have grocery stores walking distance. When they take my SUV, at least we still have our car. We use that mostly now anyway because it's cheaper on gas and doesn't require premium.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
              As I have stated in countless messages, unless you have a substantial amount of equity in the vehicle (as if you put a huge $5,000 to $10,000 down payment on it) or if the vehicle is almost paid off, I would not recommend that anyone keep their vehicles.
              I'm a little confused on what I should do?
              I have been discharged but case is not closed yet.
              I only have $2000 left to pay on my car (from $15K)- and i'd like to keep it.
              I did not sign/submit the reaffirmation agreement... i'm riding it thru.
              I'm hopeful the bank won't come and take the car away as i've been making steady payments from day one.
              Once I pay it off.. can i get the title from the bank? IF they don't repo it first?
              Is this even a good idea.. me keeping the car..
              I am very dependent on it.
              Date filed: 11/24/2008
              321 Hearing: 12/31/09
              Discharged: 03/09/2009
              Closed: 03/16/2009...but it just won't end! Garrr

Comment

Originally posted by KT13 View Post
                I'm a little confused on what I should do?
                I have been discharged but case is not closed yet.
                I only have $2000 left to pay on my car (from $15K)- and i'd like to keep it.
                I did not sign/submit the reaffirmation agreement... i'm riding it thru.
                I'm hopeful the bank won't come and take the car away as i've been making steady payments from day one.
                Once I pay it off.. can i get the title from the bank? IF they don't repo it first?
                Is this even a good idea.. me keeping the car..
                I am very dependent on it.
                With only $2,000 left, KEEP IT!!

Work at BK or McDonalds - ANYTHING with such a low pay off. If you were only a year or two into a 5 or 6 year payment plan, then you should dump it. That's where I am now. My car was $17,000. I owe almost $11,000 more and have 4 years left of payments. The car is worth $4-5k at auction and is not worth $11k. I can find a lot of much nicer cars for $11k.

If you're not having any problems with the car and you're happy other than the financial situation, you need to do whatever possible to get the money. Sell blood plasma, etc.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X