top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged and Looking Forward, Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged and Looking Forward, Now what?

Just received my discharge letter and what a relief. Although my case was pretty simple it is still a breath of fresh air. The question is now what. I have some good potential paychecks coming, do I have to look over my shoulder? Will the court re-open the case just because I got a couple good paydays? (I'm a real estate broker and these potential sales came after my 341) I am also looking at a take over of the company I work for since they are in tough straits. If I took over a Real Estate Company would I be subject to a reopening of my case? (I would be getting the company for nothing since it has no real value except some used computers and signs)

Just don't know what I can and can't do now.

Thanks

You are free! Congratulations on your discharge! You can get those commissions and buy that company - but you can't get an inheritance until after 180 days from your discharge.

I think that is the only issue - an inheritance. In my district we have to sign an affidavit regarding any possible inheritances.

Otherwise, you are free to live your life - debt free!
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Is the same true of tax refunds? If I don't file my taxes until after the discharge do I need to submit it to the bankruptcy estate? Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I've read mixed things on this subject.

Congratulations to the OP on their discharge too!
      Filed C7: 12/31/08
      341 Meeting: 1/26/09
      Last Day for Objections: 3/27/09
      Discharged: 04/01/09 Closed: ??????

Comment

I think the 180 days is from the date of filing your bankruptcy case....For the inheritances...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X