Help with foreclosure confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with foreclosure confusion

I am giving up our house. april 1st will be our 3rd missed payment and from what I believe once 3rd payment is missed they can start the foreclosure process. In CT I think after they go to the courts you have around 2 months to be out so 5 months in total I have been looking at a few rentals and telling them I would be ready to move mid to end of June.... My question is.... what if the mortgage compnay drag their feet and go to court and start the process later... that gives me a few more months I can pocket some money... but I dont want to be caught unawares... so How can i find out when they have started the proceedings and once they have started I can then calculate 2 months? I am just wondering if that does happen should we stay as long as we can until we know it will be 2 months then look for a place so we can pocket as much as possible, and how do we find out?
    B x
    filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
    341 Dec 10th 2008.
    DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Looks like foreclosure in CT takes about 6 months, which is fairly standard around the states with a few exceptions.

Here is a link to the timeline explained, which may or may not help you wth your question.

Connecticut Foreclosure Laws - Information, laws, and state statutes for purchasing foreclosures in Connecticut

Comment

thanks so...

Thanks for that so looks like 6 months from the first missed payment...... so if I did not make my feb 1st payment I would expect to be out end of june to be on the safe side?
      B x
      filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
      341 Dec 10th 2008.
      DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

You might want to hop on line in your district to see how long various foreclosures are taking now. I am in Fl and if you read the 'standard timeline' it says about 6 months, but in reality right now the foreclosures are taking 12 + months (some people up to 2 yrs).

I surrendered my house in the petition - the attorney says not to move until the final judgement. I spoke with his office two days ago and the earliest that I would have to move is July 09 (last payment made May 08). Of course this is due to volume in the courts right now! Don't cut yourself short. It is hard enough to start over again when you have filed.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

StartingOver, how would i find the information you are speaking of online?

I live in Kendall County, in Illinois. How do I know what district?

Hearts

Comment

Looks like you have to go to the court and use one of the public terminals:

Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X