Clear All

5 months since balance transfers

In assessing my projected financial condition, I've determined that I can't
    really afford to wait longer than 150 days since transferring balances to
    three separate cc's. (two of the transfers were $7,000.00, and the third
    was $8,000.00). I have continued to make minimum payments on these
    accounts.

I'd be very grateful to hear from anyone who filed between 90-180 days
    after transferring balances, regarding their experiences...
    Successes, failures, creditor objections, etc.

Hope to hear from you.
    Thanks, best wishes and best of Luck!

You should be fine at this point. I would stop paying them and get ready to file.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thanks kindly for your reply, I appreciate it!

Comment

I have 3 very large BT's with 3 min. payments under my belt. My attorney said because of the amts, I should wait a year...bummer...I told him I'll see him in his office in May for a June 4 th filing. Cant get here soon enough..

Comment

Wow...a year is pretty tough!
          I'm pretty much resolved to proceed with filing after the 5 month wait.
          At that point, it's up to the cc's lawyer(s) to file an objection, based
          (presumably) on fraud(?), which they would have to prove if I were
          to choose to oppose, which I would.
          If an AP was, in fact brought, I could, at least testify sincerely, under
          oath, that at the time that these debts were incurred, I had every hope
          (if perhaps naively) and intention of paying them in full, and the thought
          of bankruptcy had never crossed my mind.
          Worst case scenario: They file/win win an AP(heaven forbid), and their
          debt(s) are not discharged, but I won't be liable for their legal costs.
          However, the rest of the case remains intact and the other uncontested
          debts will be discharged.
          One never knows, but if I had to bet, I'd have to bet that in evaluating
          the particulars of my financial condition: nearly no income, no wages to
          garnish, and a profound absence of assets, it would not appear to be a cost
          /time effective strategy to take it all the way to a full blown AP case.
          Stay tuned, right?
          The irony is that the above listed factors (nearly no income, no wages to
          garnish, and a profound absence of assets) serve both to create the basis for
          an objection (presumption that, at the time the debt(s) were incurred, I
          should have known I'd be unable to pay them), while at the same time
          presenting a very dismal prospect of actually getting anything, assuming
          they file, and win an AP.
          ...a classic case where good news-bad news are one, and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by enin View Post
            In assessing my projected financial condition, I've determined that I can't
            really afford to wait longer than 150 days since transferring balances to
            three separate cc's. (two of the transfers were $7,000.00, and the third
            was $8,000.00). I have continued to make minimum payments on these
            accounts.

I'd be very grateful to hear from anyone who filed between 90-180 days
            after transferring balances, regarding their experiences...
            Successes, failures, creditor objections, etc.

Hope to hear from you.
            Thanks, best wishes and best of Luck!
            I made transfers within 180 days and had no problems. I actually did a few of things that people on this board said not to but I had no problems.

This board is great and for me it helped raise questions to my attorney but in the end I listened to my attorney and everything worked out.

Logan

Comment

Logan,
              Thanks for that, and Best of Luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X