Just curious...post-BK credit scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious...post-BK credit scores

I'm curious...if you are deliquent on any accounts prior to filing bankruptcy will it more adversely affect your post-BK credit score as well as your ability to get credit in the future than just having the BK show up? Unfortunately I was not able to file prior to falling behind on my bills because I am having to wait six months to fall under median income, so therefore I will have around 8 months of not paying on my credit report. Prior to this I had a stellar payment record with all of my cards.

Same here.. as a matter of fact, I had a 730+ credit score.

Right before I filed, I had to print out my credit reports, one of my scores (forget which one) was 417!!!

I had my 341 on 1-29-09, now my credit score is up to 619.
    Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
    Discharged 4-17-09!!!
    Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
    "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

My credit also took a big hit before we filed, it was in the mid 400's. It is now 630 and there are still items that need to come off.

Filed CH 7 11/21/2008
      341 Meeting 12/19/2008
      Discharged 2-23-09
      Closed 2-24-09

Comment

I fought to remove items, including one account that doesn't exist, but no luck.
        I was 834 pre, and now 670 14 months later.
        10/22/2008: EXP 718 ~ EQ 713 ~ TR 722 Watch them FALL
        341 Meeting December 3rd
        Filing Chapter 7 Expecting a court battle

Comment

Where is the best site to check your score. Also, every time you check it yourself does it put a hit on your score?

Comment

I use www.creditkarma.com because its fast and free. For my score, it seems to be in the same ballpark as myfico.com

To my knowledge pulling your own credit score will not adversely affect your credit rating. However, I'm no expert - that's just based off of what I have read.
            Ch. 7 Filed: 1/29/2009 Done!
            341 Mtg: 3/12/2009 Done!
            Discharged: 8/14/09

Comment

According to creditkarma my score jumped 20 pts. after my discharge. I will get an official FICO score from TU on the 30th so we'll see how it's really affected.
              Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
              341 Meeting: 1/7/09
              Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
              Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Originally posted by dogbone33 View Post
                Where is the best site to check your score. Also, every time you check it yourself does it put a hit on your score?

Your score is not affected by you checking it.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X