WooHoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WooHoo!

I went to 341 on January 6th and March 10th was discharged no asset case! WooHoo! I had a Great Lawyer and it was smooth as I could have ever imagined! Thanks for all of the great posts here!

TM

Congrats LimaLawn!
    02/05/09 Filed BK7
    03/11/09 341 Hearing
    05/20/09 Discharged!

Comment

Good for you!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats

Good Luck on the fresh start
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Hey boys, wake up, we have another success.

Here you go; our seimiofficial Victory (hamster) Dance:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by limalawn View Post
              I went to 341 on January 6th and March 10th was discharged no asset case! WooHoo! I had a Great Lawyer and it was smooth as I could have ever imagined! Thanks for all of the great posts here!

TM
              What is a no asset case? Is that the same as judgement-proof?

Comment

Originally posted by spearmint View Post
                What is a no asset case? Is that the same as judgement-proof?
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, Hub

Is there a list of these assets somewhere so I can see what they are?

Does this mean that going "no asset" is an option you have when filing Chapter 13?

I am about to file and would like to see what "no asset" could mean to me.

Comment

Originally posted by spearmint View Post
                    Thanks, Hub

Is there a list of these assets somewhere so I can see what they are?

Does this mean that going "no asset" is an option you have when filing Chapter 13?

I am about to file and would like to see what "no asset" could mean to me.
                    NO when filing a 13, that is different. You may keep assets as you are paying off your creditors. You don't have a "clean start" but it is a "breather" from your creditors. You may keep what you own and pay a reduced rate for 3 or 5 years.

An asset or no asset case usually involves a C7. No asset means you have nothing of value above what the law allows. An asset case means you have some saleable stuff that could be returned to your creditors evenly, such as sold at auction to satisfy partially your debts. If you are able to do so the Trustee may allow you to pay the fair market value of those things above the means, on a payment plan. Then you can keep them.

The "stickies" on the C13 and C7 threads are full of good answers to your questions and will kick start your knowlege of the processes and the differences. 'Hub

Comment

Sorry!

I didn't realize this was Ch7 thread!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X