When do they come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do they come?

We filed ch7 in Dec. today is our 60 day objection date.

We originally decided to reaff both honda's (both 08s and 745 a month) but about 3 weeks ago filed a change in our intent to surrender. Didn't make Feb. payment on one and Mar. on the other.

Question is when will they come and get it? And will i mess up my discharge if i contact them today (being the 60th day) and ask them?

when you intend to surrender, when does the automatic stay over?

Thanks

No you can call them and make arrangements ask for the BK department.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Have you already reaffirmed? If you did, and you get discharged, you will owe that money and are not subject to bk protection. Best get on the phone with your lawyer NOW and have hime move to dismiss the reaffirmation. Call the Fed building and talk to the Clerk or your case worker. The time is NOW! 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I stand corrected. Sorry not only do I not spell, but appearantly I don't comprehend reading either. LOL I see you did reverse your reaffirmation. Wheeooouu. Good for you. Call the bk department as TEW suggested and they will tell you what to do or when they will pick it up.

Your automatic stay stops upon your discharge. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I don't understand why people re-affirm new cars when you can buy a 3-5 year old car for SOOOOOOO much cheaper. Let the other person eat the depreciation. There's nothing wrong with a 2001-2004 Honda. They run just as good as a new one. All you need is one with low miles, which there are PLENTY on AutoTrader.com if you look.

Everyone on here should have no problem owning and driving a car that costs $3,000-8,000. There's absolutely no need to have a $20,000-$40,000 car. If you must have a $40,000 dollar car, let somebody else pay off all of that depreciation for you. Then come in at the back end and get it on the cheap. Buy a used one with 30,000 to 60,000 miles after the price has gone down like 60-80%. Then laugh all the way to the bank and start investing those savings into the stock market. If you would have invested $5,000 into Citibank the other day when it was less than $1.00 per share, you would have made over $1,000-1,500 in just a couple days with that $5,000.

Putting all that money into a new car is a WASTE OF MONEY!!

Please STOP NOT READING THIS:
          Used cars are a better choice financially because they’re less expensive overall and don’t depreciate as fast as new cars.

I insist that all of you give those new cars back and get cheap used ones and learn from your financial mistakes that put you into bankruptcy in the first place. You could lose your income at any moment. YOU DO NOT WANT DEBT!! NO JOBS are secure.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
            I don't understand why people re-affirm new cars when you can buy a 3-5 year old car for SOOOOOOO much cheaper. Let the other person eat the depreciation. There's nothing wrong with a 2001-2004 Honda. They run just as good as a new one. All you need is one with low miles, which there are PLENTY on AutoTrader.com if you look.

Everyone on here should have no problem owning and driving a car that costs $3,000-8,000. There's absolutely no need to have a $20,000-$40,000 car. If you must have a $40,000 dollar car, let somebody else pay off all of that depreciation for you. Then come in at the back end and get it on the cheap. Buy a used one with 30,000 to 60,000 miles after the price has gone down like 60-80%. Then laugh all the way to the bank and start investing those savings into the stock market. If you would have invested $5,000 into Citibank the other day when it was less than $1.00 per share, you would have made over $1,000-1,500 in just a couple days with that $5,000.

Putting all that money into a new car is a WASTE OF MONEY!!

Please STOP NOT READING THIS:
            Used cars are a better choice financially because they’re less expensive overall and don’t depreciate as fast as new cars.

I insist that all of you give those new cars back and get cheap used ones and learn from your financial mistakes that put you into bankruptcy in the first place. You could lose your income at any moment. YOU DO NOT WANT DEBT!! NO JOBS are secure.
            BOY DO I AGREE with you. I just paid off my 2004 Jetta this month. Got title in three days. I now love that car more than ever, as it is ALL MINE. 'Hub

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              BOY DO I AGREE with you. I just paid off my 2004 Jetta this month. Got title in three days. I now love that car more than ever, as it is ALL MINE. 'Hub
              It's like what is the point of going bankrupt, destroying your credit, paying all that money to go bankrupt, and STILL BE IN DEBT?!?!?!

You guys told me I was NUTS to have a $700+ payment on my SUV, even though I wanted to keep it so bad. I got ragged on by several people here. AND YOU WERE ALL RIGHT!!! I was an IDIOT to even think about keeping this thing. That sucker is going RIGHT BACK after I clear the median. If all goes well, I should be filing in July. That bonus check in December killed my whole median. Not allowed to make more than $25k in 6 months. We made over $30k thanks to the 1-time bonus.

I've been hitting Auto Trader HARD! There's sooooooo many nice cars on there for cheap. I'm not a big fan of Ford at all, but I saw a nice 2005 Ford Five Hundred for $5,000 that looked BRAND NEW! Not every car on there was wrecked or had water damage. You just have to spend a good 30-40 minutes looking at all of the ads wading through the crap. If you have $6,000 cash money in the bank, you can have a nice car. You save that money up during a foreclosure. While you're living rent-free, you stock pile the cash to buy a car with no payments. That's the game plan for now. Give back BOTH of these upside down cars and get one good car that will be PAID FOR.

Like I said many times... I'll hit Auto Trader, put in my zip code, put 300 or 500 miles out, pick cars that are under $6,000 with like 30,000 or 45,000 miles on them and go looking from there. When I find a deal, I'll call them and confirm that the car is there still there and then I'll go buy it. Simple as that. NO FINANCING. Screw those banks and their 24% redemption interest. THEY CAN GO POUND SAND.

Believe me... if I can find a car up to 500 miles away that has a "trade-in" value of say $8,000 and I see an "individual" selling the car for $6,000 while the dealer sells it for $12,000, I WILL BE AT THAT PERSON'S HOUSE WITH $6,000 CASH MONEY! Think I won't?! It's WORTH IT to spend a day driving to pick up a car to save $6,000. I can't make $6,000 in a day from a day job. 2 days of driving won't kill you to save money on a good deal.

Comment

I'm not sure Dave Ramsey would recommend buying shares of Citi stock.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I would. They were at $50/share just a few months ago! C'mon! You know after all this crap blows over, they'll one day be back at $25/share or more.

Just imagine if you invested $10,000 and got them for $.90 /share. You'd have about 11,100 shares. Now just think if you sat on these for like 5 or 6 years. What happens if they do go back to $25/share or higher?

11,100 x $25 = $277,500 from a $10,000 investment.

Man, I've BLOWN $10,000 in the past like it was NOTHING!! Look at all the money I've blown on cars that are worth nothing and today I have nothing to show for it.

Comment

That is exactly why we are in the position we are, and we are learning through this bk process to change our way of spending and thinking. We have an individual who will finance 3 cars for us, (under 10k total for all) for 7% so we are done with eating the depreciation!

We have learned that a new vehicle doesn't make you look any better, you are just so much further in debt than most every one else. We found 3 great used cars for 10k and we owed 37k on the two 08s. We are truly trying to get a fresh start.

HOpefully there will be no last min. objections today!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jandrl2001 View Post
                      That is exactly why we are in the position we are, and we are learning through this bk process to change our way of spending and thinking. We have an individual who will finance 3 cars for us, (under 10k total for all) for 7% so we are done with eating the depreciation!

We have learned that a new vehicle doesn't make you look any better, you are just so much further in debt than most every one else. We found 3 great used cars for 10k and we owed 37k on the two 08s. We are truly trying to get a fresh start.

HOpefully there will be no last min. objections today!

Thanks
                      Under $10k for all 3?!?! NOW THAT'S SWEET!!! GREAT JOB!!

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!!

Comment

We found a Honda CR-V, 98, Realtime 4Wh Drive, with 117,000 miles, in perfect condition 1 owner, called dealerships and we know all about vehicle and called owner, 3300.00.

2000 Hyundai Elantra, perfect sound little car for my 16 yr old daughter,(who is paying her share of pymt for her car). 98k miles absolutely perfect one owner again, 2400.00

2001 Ford Explorer Sport trac 4x4, 98k miles (MIL truck) . Leather, flat cover on back excellent condition and babied for 4300.00.

We have really been blessed through this whole ordeal and we are really trying to make better decisions about everything and make life better for our kids and ourselves!

Comment

They are all nice, but I would have tried to get the same exact vehicles all with maybe 45-75k miles instead. The CR-V would be tough because I don't think you're going to find a $3,000 CR-V with 40-70xxx miles. Plus that thing should still run good even with 117,000 miles. Good job there.

The cheapest 2000 Elantra I could find was $2900 with under 75k miles. Looks like you did okay there.

You got one hell of a deal on the Sport Trac. The cheapest I can find for a 2001 was about $7995 with 63k miles. Looks like you saved big on that one.

So over all, 3 cars for under $10k... <Applause!!>

We need everyone on here to follow your lead! Thanks for the details. I'm sure that will help educate somebody on here.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                            Believe me... if I can find a car up to 500 miles away that has a "trade-in" value of say $8,000 and I see an "individual" selling the car for $6,000 while the dealer sells it for $12,000, I WILL BE AT THAT PERSON'S HOUSE WITH $6,000 CASH MONEY! Think I won't?! It's WORTH IT to spend a day driving to pick up a car to save $6,000. I can't make $6,000 in a day from a day job. 2 days of driving won't kill you to save money on a good deal.
                            I did exactly what you are doing now...LOL!

I have a 2003 Jeep wrangler, that has loan of $12,500. Current value is $7000. I told the bank to come pick it up ...I went and bought me a 2004 Mazda MPV (with 50K miles) from a private sale for $5K (dude was leaving the country). He wanted 7K and I took $5K CASH...told him to pick 5K NOW, or wait for 3 more days before his flight and get ZERO...his choice...10 mins later, he produced the title

Drove it past Mazda dealership that was asking for $11K+ for similar vehicle with higher miles LOL!...
                            2009-Jan: Retained Atty
                            2009-Oct: Filed Ch7
                            2009-Nov: 341 held
                            2010-Jan: Discharged on Pacer

Comment

Originally posted by mkuki View Post
                              I did exactly what you are doing now...LOL!

I have a 2003 Jeep wrangler, that has loan of $12,500. Current value is $7000. I told the bank to come pick it up ...I went and bought me a 2004 Mazda MPV (with 50K miles) from a private sale for $5K (dude was leaving the country). He wanted 7K and I took $5K CASH...told him to pick 5K NOW, or wait for 3 more days before his flight and get ZERO...his choice...10 mins later, he produced the title

Drove it past Mazda dealership that was asking for $11K+ for similar vehicle with higher miles LOL!...
                              That is AWESOME!!! I am LOVING IT!!!

The trade-in on that MPV is $5700. So you got it for less than a dealer would pay.

Look at what dealers are selling those MPV's for! WOWWWWWWW!!! You made out like a bandit!!

2004 Mazda MPV

2004 Mazda MPV

2004 Mazda MPV (That's the first time I have EVER seen a dealer upload photos of a DIRTY car. How SAD.

I want to start a MOVEMENT on here. I want EVERYONE on here to stop re-affirming and to stop using 722 Redemptions. I want everyone to do what you did and buy cars under the WHOLESALE/TRADE-IN amount. That's the way car buying should be done!!!

<loud applause!>

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X