Overdrawn checking account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overdrawn checking account?

Hi, sorry to double post, but no one in the "collectcions" forum has had an answer on this for the past few days, so I thought I'd ask here:

I included my overdraft account on my bk, and am currently about 3 weeks away from discharge. What I didn't realize is that the bank account itself and the overdraft account are two different things, and the bank is calling me every day about the overdrawn amount which did not automatically go over to the overdraft account. I am a no-asset chapter 7, so I know officially all debts are discharged at the end, but since they are calling me every day (recording only, whether I answer or not, and when I call back the number given, just another recording,) it seems they don't know about my bk. It will actually cost more to amend and have the court send them a notice than to pay the balance, but I know officially it will be discharged. What is the best way to handle this?

Why not offer to give them a copy of your notice of filing and see if that's enough to get them off your back. They may take it as enough info to write it off and leave you alone. Doesn't hurt to try...

Comment

Any overdrawn amount accrued after filing you'd still be responsible for even after discharge.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X