Citibank Doesn't Waste Any Time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nervousss View Post
    Thank you! Citi was one of my best friends in the many many many months before I filed. Heads up, you might want to talk to them just often enough to keep them from seeking out other less desireable methods of contact (ie, calling your mother or place of work.) Practice your dramatic phone performances. Fake cry about how you had to feed your toddler son top ramen yesterday because you couldn't afford applesauce. Ask them if they have any openings at the call center and if they're local
    LOL!!!!! Yes, I will answer the calls as soon as I figure out what I will say without saying too much.... I just can't get my head around how relentless they are!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I know, it sucks. It's such a horrible and stressful situation to be in. It's nice to have a place that we can openly talk about it, because it's not something most people bring up in polite conversation.

Just remember, the person on the other end is probably making about $8 or $9 an hour, and they get a miniscule incentive from any past due balances they collect. They are not thinking about what a deadbeat you are when they are being rude and demanding... they are thinking, "how can I get this person to give me $1000 so I can get an extra ten bucks on my paycheck?" It makes it a bit pathetic, doesn't it?

Some of them are pretty nice, too. I had a couple wish me good luck
      Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

I understand that they have a job to do. I thought that since there are so many people in the same boat as us, that they may have given me at least a couple of weeks before they started calling.... I guess I was wrong.

Comment

It's a good time to be in bill collections LOL

They will not be without a job :/
          Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

We had the same issue month before last. missed one payment = late charges, huge rate increase (29% I think), normal $380 payment ballooned to $800+. Payed (stupid yes) the payment and they credited the extra fees, lowered rate back to were it was (5%). Back in same spot now, but not giving them anymore money.
            1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
            2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
            4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by cursedbycc View Post
              LOL!!!!! Yes, I will answer the calls as soon as I figure out what I will say without saying too much.... I just can't get my head around how relentless they are!!!!
              Here was a script I set up for my wife to use when they call. I said be polite and don't be mean. Just read. We never did record a call.

Comment

Here was a script I set up for my wife to use when they call. I said be polite and don't be mean.
                ** Do not deviate from this script**

Hello,

May I ask who is calling (if they don’t tell you who is calling ask the question again) This phone call is being recorded if you do not wish to be recorded please hang up now.

This is Mr. or Mrs. I am currently filing for Bankruptcy if you believe I owe you a debt you will have to contact my attorney for further information.

Would you like my attorneys name and contact information?

If they harass you your reply is:

My attorney can answer your question would you like his/her name and contact information?

Since you do not wish to contact my attorney regarding your question I must terminate this call. Have a Nice Day (Hang Up)

here's the thread I originally posted it in. You can read the questions they will ask and how they will try to trick you- We printed it out incase you she would get nervous.

Comment

I changed our phone number. It worked, a suggestion from a broker friend of mine.

Comment

The only bad thing about changing numbers is they WILL find your relatives and bug you or who ever is filing at work. I used the script above because when we stopped paying Target called my wifes mom.. YIKES... that was one missed payment

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                      LOVE IT!!! I will definitely use this. Thank you so much. They've called another 3 times since my last post... I just told my husband and he says "what did you expect?"... I said that I atleast thought they would give me a week or so or call once a day, but 6 times a day from 8:30 to 4:00... I'm sure I haven't received my last call from them today.

Comment

Do you have an attorney? They will want to know what chapter you are filing. Just tell them your attorney can answer that question.

Or like another person posted... I have trying to finish chapter 38 but you guys keep calling me and bugging..

Comment

I did not answer the Citibank calls and they did not leave a message.
                          Most of these collection agencies are set up on an auto dial system. The computer makes the call and, if you answer, tnx the call to a live person - that's why you may notice a delay from the time you answer to the time a person talks. If the call is disconnected - i.e., you hang up, the call does not get tnx.

Maybe just pick up the phone and hang up. - jb
                          jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
                          Filed - 2/27/09
                          341 - 4/3/09
                          Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

I did not answer the Citibank calls and they did not leave a message.
                            Most of these collection agencies are set up on an auto dial system. The computer makes the call and, if you answer, tnx the call to a live person - that's why you may notice a delay from the time you answer to the time a person talks. If the call is disconnected - i.e., you hang up, the call does not get tnx.

Disconnect the phone from the wall or maybe just pick up the phone and hang up. - jb
                            Filed - 2/27/09
                            341 - 4/3/09
                            Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS LONG DARK TUNNEL"....
                              Every time I see it, it is the 7:32 coming through! - jb
                              Filed - 2/27/09
                              341 - 4/3/09
                              Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Citi Financial filed a lawsuit against me on the 31st day of non payment !!

They are jerks!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X