when does bankruptcy show up on report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when does bankruptcy show up on report?

We are going to be trying to find a rental and getting a new job right after we file bk. I am afraid we will be denied due to our bad credit now that we are filing bk. How long does it take to show up on the credit report?
    They day of filing or day of discharge?

My credit report showed the bankruptcy within 2 days of filing. Its usually very fast to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by ansky0007 View Post
      My credit report showed the bankruptcy within 2 days of filing. Its usually very fast to show up.
      dang. I was hoping it wasnt that soon. Do you know what type of jobs check this kind of thing? Anything other than finance jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by okiemom2008 View Post
        dang. I was hoping it wasnt that soon. Do you know what type of jobs check this kind of thing? Anything other than finance jobs?
        Most jobs nowadays check your credit reports and do a background check. Drug testing can also be done. You are usually advised ahead of time as to whether you will be subject to any of those or there is a paragraph or clause on your job application somewhere above your signature giving them permission to go ahead and do them.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
          Most jobs nowadays check your credit reports and do a background check. Drug testing can also be done. You are usually advised ahead of time as to whether you will be subject to any of those or there is a paragraph or clause on your job application somewhere above your signature giving them permission to go ahead and do them.
          So basically we are screwed then. Ugh this bites

Comment

I checked our credit reports 1 week after we filed and it was in the public records section, and all but 1 creditor had noted each specific individual account. So, yes it's fast to report.

Comment

Originally posted by jktrading View Post
              I checked our credit reports 1 week after we filed and it was in the public records section, and all but 1 creditor had noted each specific individual account. So, yes it's fast to report.
              Wow, thanks. This is not good news for us as my husband works a 100% commission job that used to be a good job but we are barely making it now.

So he is trying to get a new job but we are filing very soon and I have a feeling he wont get another job if they see bk on his report. Its depressing

Comment

Wow, thanks. This is not good news for us as my husband works a 100% commission job that used to be a good job but we are barely making it now.

So he is trying to get a new job but we are filing very soon and I have a feeling he wont get another job if they see bk on his report. Its depressing
                A lot of jobs will tell you they run a credit report, but what they run is more like a background check. It verifies your SSN, your addresses, etc. At least in the legal industry that is what I've come across.
                Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

If he's good at what he does, someone will hire him. No one will say, "You're the best man for the job but since you filed bankruptcy we're going to hire someone with less talent than you."
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                    If he's good at what he does, someone will hire him. No one will say, "You're the best man for the job but since you filed bankruptcy we're going to hire someone with less talent than you."
                    He wants to change his line of work. He is not working for commission anymore..way to stressful and the hours are awful

Comment

I work in healthcare, and know many nurses that have declared, and none of them have had a job denied to them because of it.

My best friend works at Tiffany&Co, and they will not hire someone with anything bad on their credit.
                      Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X