Means Test for chp7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Means Test for chp7

Will doing a loan modification before chp 7 change the means test in favor or not in favor? Because of the new lower loan payments, does it change your chances for getting a chp7? Thanks

It depends on whether your income is over the meduan or not. If your income is over the median it could be unfavorable for you to lower your mortgage payment. It will also effect your Schedule J.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Is $80k/yr over the median? How much is the median? I was told as long as I was under $100K I should be okay? Is that correct? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by debt09 View Post
        Is $80k/yr over the median? How much is the median? I was told as long as I was under $100K I should be okay? Is that correct? Thanks

It depends on the state you file in and the size of your family what the median income is for you.

I'd suggest quit listening to those people you're getting advice from and stick to this forum and your attorney exclusively.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X