New Here and Have Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here and Have Questions...

Hello and thank you so much for having this forum for those of us who are new to BK or filing after the 2005 changes (I had a BK discharged in 1998 prior to even knowing my husband)...

I am a SAHM with two children. My husband has his own business and due to the economy, has been on unemployment since late December 2008. I have accumulated personal debt and was able to make the payments on those cc's with selling items online, but as the economy worsened, so did my sales. I have not stopped making any payments, but have a consult on 2.25 with a BK attorney. I am an authorized user on two of my husband's cc's (which I am going to have my name removed -- but he is the one who needs to do it) and our mortgage. We are current on all bills, his and mine.... I live in Maryland and not sure of my exemptions and everything, but I am scared to death that my husband will not love me anymore or divorce me if anything happens to our house or his business. I will be the only one claiming BK, not him....

Any advise or reassurance would be great during this STRESSFUL time in my life.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X