a question about ch 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a question about ch 11

Just reading that one of my Fav companys has filed Ch 11, the company has just one owner. When this happens do they get to keep all the personal stuff , like if they live in gorgeous houses and have millions in savings, is all that protected because it is a business bankruptcy?

anyone know?
    B x
    filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
    341 Dec 10th 2008.
    DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Originally posted by B65 View Post
    Just reading that one of my Fav companys has filed Ch 11, the company has just one owner. When this happens do they get to keep all the personal stuff , like if they live in gorgeous houses and have millions in savings, is all that protected because it is a business bankruptcy?

anyone know?
    I wouldn't doubt it B, it seems they only go after the little guys......

Courious to hear on this.....

Comment

From what I learned while shopping for lawyers is that a C11 is used by businesses. They can continue to operate the business but get a court approved repayment plan. There is no trustee unless the judge orders one. Kinda like a C13.

Comment

Generally, corporations are a single entity in the eyes of the law. The effect bankruptcy has on the owner(s) is their investment in the company is gone or diminished. Their personal and real property is not involved in the case.

Chapter 11 is a reorganization not a liquidation.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X