Is child support considered Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdphillips73 View Post
    i doubt that because she doesnt even work and lives off of welfare and in a trailer with her brother. She is perfectly able to work, but refuses to and would rather live off of our taxes... she uses my money to support her cigs and beer tabs... plz, if you dont know the details dont put your foot in your mouth.

She is your EX wife. You have no say in where she lives, who she lives with and what she enjoys.

You do have a right and a DUTY to see to it your child(ren) are taken care of correctly. If the living conditions she provides them is inadequate you must report her to Children's Services and you must seek custody.

Complaining here does no one any good. Put the welfare of your children first.

I too disliked the lifestyle my ex-wife chose for my children. Unfortunately, it was merely different than what I wanted and not abusive. I slept restfully at night knowing I paid my child support and the lifestyle the kids led was her choice not mine.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

i doubt that because she doesnt even work and lives off of welfare and in a trailer with her brother. She is perfectly able to work, but refuses to and would rather live off of our taxes... she uses my money to support her cigs and beer tabs... plz, if you dont know the details dont put your foot in your mouth.
      Well that just sucks for your child and you. However, double taxing child support for all children whose parents file income tax returns in the United States is not a solution. I feel for your specific situation, but the first foot that was put in a mouth in this thread was yours by suggesting that recipients of child support should pay tax on child support.

If I were to follow your line of thinking, then I could say something like...every ex spouse who attempts to file BK and stick their stay at-home-parent ex-spouse with 100% of $45K in joint debt as well as 100% $140K mortgage balance should not be allowed their constitutional right to file Bankruptcy. I could complain and want to prevent this from happening to anyone else in a similar situation because I am angry, but that would not be fair. That is irrational thinking.

Comment

I honestly don't know the legalities of shared custody, but can't you share custody and take the kids two weeks out of the month? Would eliminate the child support to her, but more importantly, you might be giving the kids a better lifestyle half of the time.

Comment

I don't know about jdpillips73's situation but it's not that easy to get shared custody. My husband fought and fought but unless he could prove she was unfit, the judge wanted things to stay the way they were. Proving someone as being an unfit parent is NOT an easy thing to do and can make things much worse for the children involved. We all like to believe the courts work in the favor of the kids but often times they fail them.
          Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
          Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Wow Disney, doesn't seem fair. Shared custody should be a no brainer to the courts. Shouldn't have to prove anyone is unfit, unless it is really blantant, like abuse.

As I said, I don't know anything about shared custody, as I had full custody by default. But, you are right, it is worse for the kids if there is fighting and the courts don't seem to be on the kid's side.

Now, I think we better stop hijacking this thread, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
              Wow Disney, doesn't seem fair. Shared custody should be a no brainer to the courts. Shouldn't have to prove anyone is unfit, unless it is really blantant, like abuse.

As I said, I don't know anything about shared custody, as I had full custody by default. But, you are right, it is worse for the kids if there is fighting and the courts don't seem to be on the kid's side.

Now, I think we better stop hijacking this thread, lol.
              LOL, yeah sorry. I get carried away on this subject. My entire adult life so far has been spent watching my stepson get pulled apart by his parents.

Shared custody is great if both parties agree to it.

Back on topic .........
              Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
              Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X