i really don't want to ask, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deadmonetree View Post
    okay i think kristyf and i are having the same issues...mom did the same thing only i paid back with balance transfers yours was 3000 mine was 12000 I do not understand how anyone can wait a year!! we are wondering how we pay for the next 3 months let alone for a year! and do you just get phone calls for a year? dont they look back on a year from you filed or a year from when you contacted a lawyer i am worried that they will just through the whole thing out! I dont even know if i could say i will pay the 12000 and dismiss everything else. but seeing how the 12000 is with providianwho is now chase they probably are going to charge me 12000 at 32% interest and that is right back in the same boat!!

You can probably go about a year or more depending on the creditor of making no payments.

Yes it will be stressfull getting phone calls all the time and yes they may even call a relative looking for you. This is the only way for some people especially in the OP and probably your case where the longer you wait the better. The trustee can easily get the money back that you paid to an insider and drag your case on longer then it has to if you file inside the year.

The only thing about the lawyer (this is my opinion and not fact) is they will pretty much check to see when you retained the lawyer which is listed on your petition when you do file. It is highly unlikely you will be in a situation where they ask you under oath when you first consulted your attorney. It's possible but not likely. You can also get a new attorney to save yourself any potential problems that may come from this.
    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X