Questions about Assets taken for Chpt 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    You're supposed to be truthful. If you get caught hiding assets you'll wish you hadn't.
    The thing is, how do they "catch" you hiding assets? What are some examples?

Comment

Guns liquidation?

In CA hand guns are registered with the state, but not long guns. So there are records.

It's a big hassle to sell guns in CA. There are lots of paper work to fill out and to mention it's doesn't worth much when selling to a dealer or private party.

So, I should list them out, but write down the value of what I think it worth correct? Can some one with this experience confirm this?

K-11
      There is light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to walk toward it. K-11

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
        The thing is, how do they "catch" you hiding assets? What are some examples?
        I'm not a trustee but I'm sure they've heard and seen it all. If I were a trustee I would watch body language very closely when asking questions of the petitioners.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X