Moving overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving overseas

I have about a month to go until my discharge (hopefully) and was wondering what impact the BK would have on obtaining a work visa to move to the UK, Australia, or New Zealand. I'm also curious what if any impact it would have once I got there in terms of getting settled into a new life. Obviously pulling a mortgage is probably out but how BK friendly are these other countries?

I'm fortunate to work for a global company and obtaining a transfer to another region and having them sponsor the visa is a good possibility with my job.

It's my understanding that I would be starting fresh in terms of credit overseas even without the BK and that I would still legally be required to answer that dreaded "Have you ever been bankrupt" question honestly with the caveat that it was in the US but does anyone have some personal experience on moving abroad while bankrupt?

I'm surrendering my home so I'm moving somewhere anyway and what better way to start a new life then to do it across an ocean...

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X