Car max???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeb View Post
    OK - if USAA takes my car back, do they auction it off or do they have people they work with all the time that takes and resells the car?

Is there a way to purchase the SAME car back if they won't deal with you and you let it go back?

I spent a week looking a cars to replace my 05 Kia Amanti with only 22,000 miles on it and there is nothing out there that I would swap it straight across for - except another Amanti.

I do need lower payments and am upside down by about 4 grand. - jb
    Try... http://www.722redemption.com/ it might work out for you to do a 722 if you want to keep the same car.

Comment

Tks Broken - jb
      jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
      Filed - 2/27/09
      341 - 4/3/09
      Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Hi:

This is my first post and I found this forum using Google to search if Carmax can get someone with a BK financed, because their is a vehicle I want at the local Carmax if it is still here in a week or 2 when I should be receiving my discharge documents.

So at that I'm hoping to take up Coloradomrg on his offer to help fellow BK'ers at that time. Though I live in Sacramento...

Comment

Chapter 13

Do you know if CarMax will work with current Chapter 13's?

Comment

It amazes me to see the people who just filed BK that are cool with scooping up a $18,000 car at 20% interest. Wow. I went with a $2,500 car at ZERO PERCENT INTEREST, otherwise known as CASH.
            New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
              It amazes me to see the people who just filed BK that are cool with scooping up a $18,000 car at 20% interest. Wow. I went with a $2,500 car at ZERO PERCENT INTEREST, otherwise known as CASH.
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by jeb View Post
                OK - if USAA takes my car back, do they auction it off or do they have people they work with all the time that takes and resells the car?

Is there a way to purchase the SAME car back if they won't deal with you and you let it go back?
                I was told by a bk lawyer in that you can sometimes negotiate with the trustee to get your car back. ex. trustee says car equity in car is $5k, if you offer the trustee $2k, he could say "sold" and you have your car back.

I live in IL, lawyer was in IL.

Comment

Originally posted by simon2020 View Post
                  Optimistic, I am close to filing for chapter 13 and I was wondering if you could explain how Drivetime works? When they say rent-to-own, am I assuming the payments would be lower than on a lease or if I bought the car with a trade-in? And how long would I be renting this car -- what are the typical terms 36 months? 48??

It looks interesting and I would appreciate your comments on the program.

Thanks.
                  I sent a request into Carmax last night to purchase a vehicle before I file. Hopefully I will hear something today!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazymel21 View Post
                    I sent a request into Carmax last night to purchase a vehicle before I file. Hopefully I will hear something today!
                    did you ever hear from carmax?

Comment

[QUOTE=coloradomrg;231895]Carmax does not have a lender that can work with open BK currently(suck)... but the day after discharge they can get you financed typically(yay).

Shameless plug... I work for Carmax part-time and if anyone is interested in buying a vehicle from us, please let me know. It would be cool to have some extra business come from other BKers I can do the majority of the work on the phone or through email, and send you in to just pick your car up at the closest store and sign papers I started there so my wife can stay home with the little guy after our bk, but still work full time as an electrical engineering designer.

ALSO we can sometimes get you a better rate if you apply at our stores than if you go through roadloans or cap 1 on your own, and they are 2 of our lenders!

Drivetime = rent to own. Approve 18k, sell you car worth 10k for 18k. Not really a great plan, although if you don't have another option, it may be for you.

Hi I was wondering if u would still finanace someone even if they had a repo on their credit history?

Comment

Hi I was wondering if u still finance someone with a repo on their credit history?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X