what happens with stock accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens with stock accounts?

If you have a stock account that has some money in it, of course it will fluxuate day by day. What happens if the balance of the account moves big in one direction or the the other.

What protected and what happens if it increases in value during the BK?

For example if the account is worth 4000 on the day that we file then goes up to 6000 the next month is the 4000 the amount protected because that was the balance on the day of filing or can they come after the other 2000, "Note that the balace changes second by second" so it may just as well be down the next day.

Hope this makes sense.

To my knowledge, stock is an asset available for liquidation and is protected only to the extent it's exempted. The case trustee asks for statements on the day of filing and I'm sure they know how volatile the balances can be.

Comment

so if the value on the day of filing is 4000 and I have exempted that amount then the value moves to 6000 on the day that they want anouther statement, will they go after that 2000?

If they do then what happens if the account goes back down?

See what I mean it is a consistant up and down, one day you have profit and by the time the trustee sees the new balance by the time they try and collect it goes back down?

Comment

I think if the value goes up beyond what you're entitled to exempt the trustee will take it. If it goes down, they'll take whatever it's worth but you would not be expected to make up for any loss in value.

Comment

So I guess it is a matter of timing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X