top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the trusteee get information on a off shore accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the trusteee get information on a off shore accounts?

I have a friend that has a small off shore trading account, If you have off shore accounts what happens with them?

Unless provided can the trustee get information on those to verify balances? )

NOTE the country that the account is in does not report nothing. It is up to the person to report it.

It depends on the country the account is located in. The United States has a number of treaties to share financial information with other countries.
    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Well, first off, aside from the fact that your friend would be committing perjury (multiple times) if he filed and did not disclose the account, the odds of a trustee finding it are fairly slim. But, there is usually a paper trail of some sort...when was this friends last deposit into the account, has he made any withdrawals. Here is the risk, if your "friend" does not disclose and the trustee finds out, his discharge would be denied, meaning all the debts that were included in the BK could NEVER be discharged, ever.

And yes, it will depend on what country the account is in.

Comment

the country is cyprus

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X