Unplanned bonus and promotion before discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unplanned bonus and promotion before discharge

DH just found out he's being promoted and was given an unexpected bonus. The last day for objections in our case is next Monday. Please tell me this isn't going to complicate everything now that we're in the home stretch!

I asked the lawyer (waiting to hear back) but the advice I get here is usually more accurate.

I do not believe it would. Now, that is just my opinion. I know that Ch13 people have to report changes to the Trustee, and those in Asset Ch7s as well. I don't remember if you are an asset case or not. Has the bonus actually shown up in the paycheck yet?

Anyway, congrats on the promotion!
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 07-07-2008, 09:15 AM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

According my atty we could win the lottery the day after we filed and the trustee couldn't do a thing about it.

Comment

We are an asset case. The bonus was issued as a separate check. We handed over two vehicles we owned outright, so it seems reasonable to use it to purchase a vehicle (we've been renting a car). I just don't want to do something that messes things up now, you know?

Comment

So long as the bonus and promotion are after the filing date and your 341 all should be good I think.

Congrats on the good fortune
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
            So long as the bonus and promotion are after the filing date and your 341 all should be good I think.

Congrats on the good fortune
            Thank you. It was a surprise. Kind of sad not to feel like we can celebrate. DH isn't even excited because he's so worried it's going to get us in trouble. BK has sucked the life out of us both, but we are very fortunate that at least one of us has a good job. Always a lot to be thankful for.

Comment

congratulations!

If it were me, I wouldn't cash the check until this is all over with. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.
              Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
              341 July 1, 2008
              Discharged September 4, 2008
              Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Congrats and I agree with danaf, hold onto the check. Your so close to the end. Isn't is awful not to be able to celebrate your good fortune.

Soon as it's all behind you, celebrate two good fortunes, out of debt and a promotion!! How wonderful for both of you!!
                Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X