PayPal & PayPal Visa (Providian/WaMu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal & PayPal Visa (Providian/WaMu)

Has anyone's PayPal account survived a BK of their PayPal Visa Card (Providian/WaMu)?

I did a forum search and only found one mention about the visa card so please share your stories and fill me with hope. :-)

Most of my clients pay me with PayPal so...ouch if the account will die. :-(
    Last edited by Penny Less; 02-21-2008, 03:08 AM.

PL, I can't answer the question but am quite worried about this myself. I have literally scoured the web and can not come up with the information that I need. As an eBay seller, I am deathly afraid of losing my paypal account.

I had an eBay mastercard through Providan that was converted to Wamu when they purchased Providian. The eBay logo disappeared from the card. I am hoping that Wamu no longer has any affiliation with eBay/PayPal but I can't find any information to confirm or deny this.

I also have PayPal Buyer credit, through GE Money bank and that is who eBay/PayPal is affilitated with now. Balance as of today is 496.00 and some change. I am paying that off before filing in an effort to keep my PayPal account open.

I must note, for anyone thinking of doing the same, that payments more than 600.00 to any one creditor in the three months before filing could be considered a preferential payment and the trustee could take the payment back from the creditor and split it up among other creditors, which would completely defeat the purpose of paying that creditor. Mine will fall just under 600 so I should be okay on that but am still worried about the Wamu card affecting my PayPal account.

Anyone have any experience with this that you can share with Penny Less and me?

Thanks,

EP
    California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

You might loose any credit/credit card Paypal has giving you (I had a Paypal Visa in which I owed like $500) I had to include that on my Bk.

I don't think you'll lose your privileges as a Paypal client - you'll just have to use like your own debit/credit card for future funds.

After my discharge and went and bought some junk on ebay, I reopened a new ebay account and am funding "Paypal," with my own bank/credit cards.

Regards, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
        You might loose any credit/credit card Paypal has giving you (I had a Paypal Visa in which I owed like $500) I had to include that on my Bk.

I don't think you'll lose your privileges as a Paypal client - you'll just have to use like your own debit/credit card for future funds.

After my discharge and went and bought some junk on ebay, I reopened a new ebay account and am funding "Paypal," with my own bank/credit cards.

Regards, Catchmeifyoucan

Thanks Catch. That gives me hope. Not looking to hold onto the credit....I never want to see another credit card/account as long as I live. Just want to be able to receive money through PayPal from others. If that goes away I am screwed.

EP

Comment

I stopped paying a Providian credit card that I got through PayPal over two years ago. That hasn't affected my PayPal account at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            I stopped paying a Providian credit card that I got through PayPal over two years ago. That hasn't affected my PayPal account at all.
            Good To Know! Thanks Rover!

EP

Comment

You will lose the actual Paypal CC, not the account.

Comment

Anyone can have a PayPal account if you have a checking account and debit card lined up with that checking account at a bank. You don't need a credit card to have a PayPal account. You will not lose your PayPal account while you may lose your credit cards you have tied into that account. You will have to rearrange your payment options and I would do that now if you are considering filing soon. Hook your account up to your checking account now and eliminate the interaction with your credit accounts.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                  Anyone can have a PayPal account if you have a checking account and debit card lined up with that checking account at a bank. You don't need a credit card to have a PayPal account. You will not lose your PayPal account while you may lose your credit cards you have tied into that account. You will have to rearrange your payment options and I would do that now if you are considering filing soon. Hook your account up to your checking account now and eliminate the interaction with your credit accounts.

Oh, that's already been done. PayPal has some tricky wording in their user agreement about how you can lose your PayPal account if you are in default to one of their affiliates or if your credit rating declines. It is confusing and I don't truly understand it.

Thanks guys and gals! I appreciate it.

EP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X